“Superb little restaurant in central Antigua”

Metiz Bistro Frances
Ranked #40 of 387 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just a superb little restaurant near the Parque Central, with light French food at relatively cheap prices. It's a great place to grab lunch or a quick dinner.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had lunch at Metiz a couple of times - delicious sandwiches, on fresh bread, with good range of fillings. Friendly staff, pleasant decor. An all-round great spot for lunch.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Visited here based on the reviews and I was not disappointed. I'm in Antigua for language school so I wanted a meal that would keep me full for most of the day. The Sandwich Burger was delicious. It was served on a roll and topped with bacon,cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. It also came with a side of crispy potato rounds fried in pork fat.

This meal put a smile on my face. I would definitely visit again.

1  Thank swampangel
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Surprised this place was rated #1 (there are so many good places in Antigua), so I had to try it out. Indeed excellent and flavourfull sandwiches, all made with fresh ingredients. We came back twice during our stay. Unfortunately did not try his pastas, but I am sure they will be very tasty.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had to go to Metiz as it is so highly rated. The place is small and cozy, the chef is friendly and welcoming. The food was good, though I have to disagree with it being Antigua´s best restaurant. Which is not to say is not good, Antigua is a very competitive market, hence it takes more than good to be number one in my opinion. Will I come back? definitely, is the food good? yes! it is a good value for the money.