“Glad they didn't change”

Metiz Delicatessen y Bistro
Ranked #28 of 355 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: French Bistro few meter from central park. We are very famous for ours gourmet sandwiches, pastas and salads. We have also tradicional french dishes, without forget ours numerous delicatessen products as imported ham and cheese, dessert, pates and rillettes... A place to visit for the food lovers. Always at the best price
College Station, Texas
“Glad they didn't change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We spent a few months in Antigua last year, and we often dropped by Metiz for the wonderful sandwiches and home brewed refrescos. When we returned this year and discovered they had moved and expanded we were a bit concerned. How often have we seen a great little hole-in-the-wall specialty shop try to expand their menu and their seating area only to fall flat! We were delighted to find the same delicious sandwiches on the menu along with the refrescos we so enjoy. Admittedly, we haven't yet tried their new entree additions to the menu, but we certainly look forward to doing so. Obviously they're still committed to top quality.

Visited August 2013

Brooklyn, New York
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Who knew a sandwich could be so perfect? I had the vegetariano, and it was hands down the best sandwich I've ever had. The chocolate eclair for dessert was divine, too!

• Visited August 2013
Antigua
“The Best Sandwiches in Antigua”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've had their cheesecake and it was great. I'd heard that their sandwiches were superb and they are(I ate two last week, if that's a clue) The sandwiches are unique and very Euro.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank paladinAntigua
Taylor, Texas
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was wonderful, the prices were similar to those of other restaurants in town. The bathrooms were spotless and I would eat there again if I return to Antigua. Truly a fabulous eatery!

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, IL
“Everything done right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just a few seconds walk from the central park is a small cafe with a simple menu, a colorful pastry case, beautifully packaged gifts and delightful owners. The sandwiches are served on perfectly crusty bread, which is the bed for high quality, well-balanced, delicious ingredients. Anything you order for dessert or choose to take home from the pastry case will be sure to make your tastebuds dance. I've had a lot of french macarons, and I have to say, outside of France, these are my favorite. I've been in Antigua for 3 days now, and I've had Metiz for 3 meals. If they were open for breakfast, it'd probably be more like 5 meals.

• Visited July 2013