“The best in contemporary handwoven textiles.”
Review of Colibri

Colibri
Ranked #11 of 42 Shopping in Antigua
Reviewed December 2, 2017

If you are interested in placemats, bed coverings, table runners and ladies’ accessories for example, this is the place for you. The owner has the weavers using their traditional techniques, but in modern colors and upscale versions. Here you will find olive green, mauve and aqua, as well as the traditional primary colors. The quality is top-notch. Nothing shrinks, nothing runs. It is on the pricey side, but the pieces will last forever, and I dare say no one else in your neighborhood will have the same items! I have been buying there for years. If you want authentic huipiles, cortes, belts and other items worn by the indigenous people, visit Antigua’s main market.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"shop"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

The selection is amazing. The staff is very helpful. The prices are higher than you will find in the Mercado but the quality is way above or there areas. I bought several pieces and that are the most beautiful I've seen.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

I enjoyed my visit to the store and looked at everything they had to offer. Lovely quality but a bit pricey for me personally. I took a star off because of the prices. A set of 6 placemats and napkins were $650 Q or about $120 Canadian. Definitely worth a look though.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

We stopped by Colibri on day one of our trip and I just could not leave Antigua without getting something from here. There are several other stores around the city that carry table linens but they are not near the quality. Colibri has something for everyone both traditional bright colored patterns as well as neutral offerings. The women in the shop know very little English but were still easy to communicate with and you can tell they really take pride in the collection. The products are a on the higher price end in comparison to other places but I think it is well worth it. The quality is wonderful and I know I will enjoy my pieces for many years to come. Highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2016

If you are looking for good quality Guatemalan textiles, you must visit Colibri. The minute you walk in the door you are amazed at the colors, designs and high quality of the work. Also this shop aids Mayan women from small villages distribute their fine textiles so your purchase helps these women continue their craft. They are happy to calculate the price in US dollars and credit cards are accepted. Enjoy your visit!