“Do not miss this shop”
Review of Colibri

Colibri
Ranked #11 of 42 Shopping in Antigua
Reviewed July 9, 2015

If you want to buy gorgeous things and feel good about spending your money, come to Colibri. A fabulous array of woven goods made by local craftspeople. One cloth/towel/placemat/tablecloth/etc. is more beautiful than the next. Prices are very competitive as well. Happily there are only three rooms of merchandise else I fear we would have cashed in our return tickets to buy more. Charming and wonderful.

2  Thank susan j
in 3 reviews
"shop"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 2, 2015

A number of years my husband brought back a gorgeous table cloth from Colibí. So number one of my places to visit was this shop. As other reviewers have stated the quality is the best. The fabrics are finely woven and colors pure and distinctive. I bought gifts for friends and myself including placemats, napkins, shopping bags, purses, coin purses, and woven drinks napkins. I can recommend this shop without hesitation.

Reviewed March 21, 2015

I spent a month in Guatemala and everywhere I went, I was looking for high quality table linens that were made by local weavers. I wanted placemats and coasters that were durable and attractive. I found three high quality woven goods shops in Antigua and they each had beautiful and unique (to each other) goods. Colibri is an outstanding shop to begin your shopping for fine quality, colorful weaving. I particularly like the fact that over 500 Mayan women are benefitting from this business. Go to any market in Guatemala - You will not find this quality.

1  Thank Yokeko
Reviewed January 5, 2015

Colibri is one of the best place for Guatemalan handwoven textiles. They are woven by women of a local comunity on a "fair trade" basis. Colibri has probably the best quality local tablecloths, napkins and other accessories like coasters you can find in Guatemala and yes quality has its price!

2  Thank RVoswinckel