“Professional & effective”

Healing Hands Therapy Spa
Ranked #1 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Healing Hands is Antigua's only professional therapy center and full service spa. It is unique in that all staff are fully trained and highly qualified, certified professionals. Led by a team of physical therapists, our massage therapists are the best in town!
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have had massages at Healing Hands many times and i have always wondered why i don;t get more! i also refer clients there when visiting Antigua and everyone has been pleased with the service they receive. Professional, clean, engaging and well trained staff...what is not to like? keep up the good work!

2  Thank TeamMicho
There are newer reviews for Healing Hands Therapy Spa

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I love their yoga clases, facials and therapeutic massage. The staff was super nice and professional.

2  Thank gmatheu
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After a long day in a bus we made up our mind and knocked at 6PM on the door of the Healings Hands Therapy-Spa in La Antigua Guatemala.

It is located in a pretty house like most of La Antigua city and It has a little courtyard where sits a water fountain.

The Centre was already closed but the manager very nicely accepted my partner for a pedicure and she also called out a masseuse for me. The masseuse arrived within 10 mins and I only wish I could remember her name. She was absolutely terrific.

I get a few massages every year, usually on holidays in different countries including Thailand and other reputable massage provider countries.

This masseuse just had the right strength and rhythm in her movements and I felt a lot better after that.

2  Thank lucsky
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It's about week 5+ of my Guatemala trip, including some *extremely* rough travel into the interior of the Sierra de los Cuchumatanes.

I was whooped. I wasn't sleeping well. I'd pulled some funky neck-shoulder muscle. I reached out to Healing Hands and got a same-day appointment for a 1-1/2hr massage -- therapeutic, deep tissue.

Long story short: businesses like this are as much about the individual practitioner AS the operation. Today, I was rubbed by Marisol.

I've been getting massages for probably 30yrs, pretty regularly. I've had them in a fair number of countries, too.

This may well have been among the finest massages I've ever had. Marisol is strong, disciplined, methodical, trouble-seeking, and has what I can only describe as a very caring tough, more than some therapists who seem to be going through the motions.

I never had to correct, instruct, guide, direct ... whatever you want to call it. Marisol just seemed /really/ tuned in to what was going on with /my/ body, and knew just what to do.

The facility is beautiful, but ... that wasn't really why I was there. Today was Marisol's day, for me.

And she did a fantastic job !

2  Thank NBeener
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a night in a bed tat killed my back, following a 3 hr bus ride,, I needed some relief - turning my head hurt my entire back and neck.
I was a walk in off the street. I waited about 1/2 the wait time that qouted and I was led to a comfortable room with clean sheets and a tidy attached bath for a 90 minute massage.
The massage was great. My pain was largely relieved and the therapist was completely professional, while maintaining a sense of warmth and concern for my well being. That was only marred by the massage being cut short by 15 minutes, but that's fairly common so I consider it exceptional service when I'm not shorted time. Do people really think you don't notice that you bean off the hr and that they leave you for 10+ minutes?? So you know, 10 minutes feels like 30. So yes. We notice.
All said, I am so very much better since having the massage & I would go again. With a generous tip, I pad $1 us for a 70 (90?) minute massage. Recommended.