“Peaceful Retreat”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Casa De Mis Suenos

Courteous arm guard 24/7
VIEW FROM TERRACE
SIDE VIEW OF COMPLEX FROM CITY STREET
FRONT VIEW OF COMPLEX FROM PUBLIC STREET
THIS IS THE FEATURED HOME AT CUL-DE-SAC.
MAID WELCOMING
WELL MAINTAINED PARK INSIDE COMMUNITY
VIEW FROM PERGOLA
QUIET STREETS INSIDE COMMUNITY
PARK IN CENTER COMMUNITY
BREAKFAST OUTSIDE 'INSIDE THE HOUSE'
TERRACE
Courtyard and fountain
Fountain in Patio area
Partial view of living area
View from the garden and parking area
Homes in the Complex
Open Courtyard at night
Open Courtyard
Dining room and kitchen
Open living room and dining room
ANTIGUA MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION
CITY SCENES: CALLE DEL ARCO
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Peaceful Retreat”
Reviewed December 3, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

From the first time I spoke to Leo on the phone I felt at ease. When we arrived, everything was as described: beautiful gated community with 24 hour security which was convenient since we arrived at 2am. The place is gorgeous, we could not appreciate it at the late hour we arrived. I woke up early the next day so that I could go upstairs and be amazed at the beauty of the place. I could not hold my tears in to see such an incredible place.

I could hear the birds singing and playing from tree to tree, the volcanoes can bee seen from the terrace and it is absolutely breathtaking. I had never in my life seen such a beautiful house. Every single detail was carefully thought of, from the ceilings, the bed covers, the art work, the brick work, the fire wood waiting for you in the fireplace, etc. Everything you could possibly need is in the kitchen, I felt at home.

I wish there were words to describe the community in which the house is located. I felt as if they opened the gates of heaven when I first saw it, there are just no words...you have to experience it for yourself.

I invited local friends to stay with us, and they also fell in love with the place. They could not believe the value. It is affordable for all it has to offer. If you are ever in need to relax and unwind this would be it.

The owner of the property is easy to work with and very trustworthy, I am definitely coming back to this house on my next trip!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house and the location
Liked least: water heater went out and I took too long to contact someone about it. My fault.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Dec 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your time to give us such a great review. Your family and friends will always be welcome to stay at our home. The pictures are superb.
Leo Barillas
Phoenix
Reviewed March 19, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks Bob for your comments. I will be more than happy to have you stay again for the fourth time.
Indiana
Reviewed September 19, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Older travelers
Sep 19, 2013
Hello David and Winnie
It was great to have had you as our guests at our home in La Antigua. The house will always be available for you whenever you decide to revisit family.
Thank you for doing business with us.
Leo Barillas
kbc88
Vancouver, British Columbia
“Quiet, secure location”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

Had the pleasure of staying in this home for a few nights around New Years day 2013. The home is beautiful, comfortable, clean and very well maintained. Its location is a little bit from the main square in Antigua, but as we had a rental car, it wasn't an issue for us. The fact that it was not right in town meant that it was very quiet and removed from all noise and fireworks of New Year's eve celebrations.

The home is outfitted with an excellent kitchen, and washer/dryer and secure parking is available immediately outside the home.

Communications with the owner Leo were prompt and efficient. He even phoned us one evening to ensure that we had settled in nicely. As well, our security deposit was returned in a timely manner.

I would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness of home; access to washer/dryer; communications with owner.
Liked least: Walking to main square would be at least 15 minutes.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Trent501
Seattle, Washington
“Best vacation ever!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

It was so easy to work with Leo, find the property in Antigua, and the house was so clean when we arrived. We felt extremely safe in the gated community, the scenery was beautiful, and the layout of the house is amazing. The location is really great as well, because it is close enough to Antigua to walk into town, but far enough that it isn't too loud and you feel safe at night. I would recommend Casa de mis Suenos to anyone that is traveling to Antigua and looking for a great house to stay in. If I ever go back i will definitely call up Leo to see if there is any availability!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Leo was very easy to work with, the house was beautiful and very clean, and the property was just as advertised.
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 7, 2013
Thank you Trent for taking the time to give us a review.

Leo
New Haven
Reviewed November 25, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
guatemala
Reviewed September 23, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;