“Bad experience!”

The Refuge Coffee Bar
Ranked #6 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Antigua
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Description: A small quality driven coffee bar. Sits on the Tanque De la Union park with a beautiful view of the Agua Volcano.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped by and took a couple coffees to go. Then we went to Park Central to people watch and enjoy our coffee. After a couple sips we both looked at each other with dismay. Both cups of coffee tasted burnt. They were not something we could finish. So, we walke across the park and bought a couple more and proceeded to people watch.

I{m not sure waht went wrong that day at the Refuge Bar but most certainly something was off.

Service was good. Value was poor because we threw the coffee in the garbage.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here on the way to dinner for a pick-me-up. Great little place! Grabbed a cafe con leche which was delicious. Could have easily sat here and people watched for awhile, seems like a good place for expats, tourists and locals alike without the touristy behavior if the coffee shops around the main square.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just another coffee shop. Average like most.

There are much better right at central park so you can save
yourself the walk.

The decor is less than average as compared to ohers.

Service is OK but I{d argue so is it OK at Mcdonalds.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The coffee was soooooooo good! I went so many times during my visit in Antigua. I had a double espresso that was perfect. The coffee art is beautiful! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The coffee is delicious. Like, delicious. And the setup is really cute - couches in the back, a couple stools by the window. I hung out for probably less than an hour because I had to catch my flight, but in my limited eavesdropping I only heard English spoken. Probably a good spot if you're a native English speaker traveling long-term and want a time-out in a comfortable place that feels like home - and has really delicious coffee.