“awesome quaint little cafe”

The Refuge Coffee Bar
Ranked #7 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Antigua
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Description: A small quality driven coffee bar. Sits on the Tanque De la Union park with a beautiful view of the Agua Volcano.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

i love this place!! stumbled upon this gem while on a missions trip in antigua. AWESOME coffee, wifi... felt like i was in america so definitely brought back some of the comforts of home. the guys there are also amazing.. they were kind and friendly and my team and i loved hanging out there and just stopping by to talk to them on our way to the hospital that we volunteered at.
i really miss that place!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

By far, the best cafe I found on my 5 months in Central America. I spent 6 weeks in Antigua in Spanish school and would use Refugio at my coffee/internet stop. After filling a couple frequent buyer cards, I got to know the staff quite well.

This place is run by a few extremely friendly guys who are always cheerful when they see you walk in (or just walk by!)

As I said, they keep it simple. They do coffee in a few variations, tea and nothing more. And they do it perfectly!

I cannot recommend a visit or twenty to this place enough!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a great and very friendly coffeehouse. They roast and grind their own beans--the beverages are simply amazing. Service out of this world

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love this coffee bar, amazing cofffee, a great barista and great atmosphere! <3 Would truely recommend it to anyone, and definitely coming back when I go to Antigua.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went here will some friends in town. Liked the magazine selection, the atmosphere and my coffee was awesome!!! Stop here if you are not into chains and if you want a taste of Guate!