“Best coffee in Antigua”

The Refuge Coffee Bar
Ranked #4 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Antigua
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Description: A small quality driven coffee bar. Sits on the Tanque De la Union park with a beautiful view of the Agua Volcano.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love coffee. I buy it anytime I am near the growers. I love drinking coffee. In Guatemala Coffee is everywhere but I was surprised at this little place. The coffee is prepared the same way as everywhere else and yet the coffee is so dark, rich, robust...for a coffee lover this place is not to be missed.

There are newer reviews for The Refuge Coffee Bar

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a true coffee shop. Pour over and espresso only. You know you're in for a treat when the first thing you see is a roaster...

The owner is very friendly, we wish we could have hung out for longer.

Cappuccino was great, as was the Americano. I wish we could have gone back for an espresso... Next time we're in Antigua, we'll be back...

Don't miss this coffee shop!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Don't go here if your in a rush but coffee was good.

Not a lot of room to hang out & relax either so great for a coffee to go option

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Such a pleasant surprise when I felt a pull to walk down 7th Avienda Norte... there I found this little coffee shop that literally drew me inside.

Super coffee!
Great views, on a street that has much to see... two blocks from the local and tourist market, too.

A thoughtfully arranged cafe, with a really peaceful feeling.
One could read or write or just sit contemplatively in this warm and friendly environment.

Kudos to the owners and operators of this cafe as they promote sustainable and eco-tourism.
They have coffee tours and visits to volcanoes, farms, etc...

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice place to grab a cup of coffee. It was a little on the expensive side but you are able to choose from local coffee beans that are freshly ground. The workers there seemed to enjoy their jobs and gave great service.