“Warm, friendly... just step in...”
Review of Tabacos y Vinos

Tabacos y Vinos
Ranked #3 of 18 Nightlife in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Antigua's fine wine and cigar shop. We have the biggest variety of wine and are the only place to buy certified cuban cigars.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Tobaccos y Vinos wine bar had a magical affect on me during my week stay in Antigua. Yes, the wines were intoxicating, but it was the fellow wine drinkers who added richness and learning to my experience. The owner Ricardo, has figured out the perfect blend of a very small room with really only one table so everyone sits and talked while drinking wines from all over the world. The staff; Laura, Vladen and Rosa are all so friendly and attentive. This is a really fun place to drink wine, especially for a solo traverer. My first night in town I happened by TyV's and it was very busy, but I came in and very shortly I had a glass of good Chilean cab and was talking to folks who seemed to know each other, Well, it turned out to be Lex Cargo's going away party. Lex had worked there but was heading out to promote the movie the is co-staring in. On night I found a bottle of Washington State's Saint Michelle's Indian Ridge Cab and shared it with my fellow red wine drinkers and it was fun to knock their socks off. Fun, fun, fun.

All reviews
"guatemala"
in 6 reviews
"arco"

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This charming, cozy little place is like having an intimate dinner party - with a group of new friends. Having stayed in Antigua for six weeks, I often dropped in for a glass of wine or an evening with colorful characters. The owner and staff - Ricardo, Lex and Brigitte - are warm and welcoming. I seldom find places where I feel as welcomed and at home as this lovely cafe.
Oh - and the wine selection is perfect, and staff is happy to order food from neighboring restaurants (Fridas, H Bistro, etc.) if you get hungry and don't want to leave your glass or your new pals. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Shame the place is so small, but that's kinda why it's so charming. One single table, everyone sitting around it.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

What is not to like about a centrally located, small, cozy hangout with great wines & a friendly staff? Tabacos y Vinos was inviting from the moment I first stepped in the door. Here a collection of world travelers congregate to share a universal language. So, where did I go when I wanted a chill evening? Here. Where did I go when I couldn't get my Mac to work? Here. Where did I go to share a cool adventure or to have a laugh with friends. Here. I made so many friends here & I miss you all. Paul, Nicky, Casey...we need to connect on Facebook!