“Great place to converse with strangers.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tabacos y Vinos

Tabacos y Vinos
Ranked #4 of 14 Nightlife in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Antigua's fine wine and cigar shop. We have the biggest variety of wine and are the only place to buy certified cuban cigars.
“Great place to converse with strangers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Shame the place is so small, but that's kinda why it's so charming. One single table, everyone sitting around it.

Visited August 2013

Novato, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A meeting of the minds over great glasses of wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

What is not to like about a centrally located, small, cozy hangout with great wines & a friendly staff? Tabacos y Vinos was inviting from the moment I first stepped in the door. Here a collection of world travelers congregate to share a universal language. So, where did I go when I wanted a chill evening? Here. Where did I go when I couldn't get my Mac to work? Here. Where did I go to share a cool adventure or to have a laugh with friends. Here. I made so many friends here & I miss you all. Paul, Nicky, Casey...we need to connect on Facebook!

Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was fortunate enough to visit Antigua, Guatemala on a business trip and I stumbled upon Tabacos y Vinos. I had such a great time meeting the owner and sipping wine with the locals. A must stop on your visit to beautiful Antigua.

Visited April 2013
heatherjwalter
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Vacation is too short of bad wine and dull conversations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place has the best set up. Inexpensive, great wine and one large table surrounded by travelers.
Having only one table forces you to speak with others and I had hours of great conversation because of it.
I went there almost every night of my two week stay. For the last week i was traveling solo and was very comfortable being there alone.
Every member of the staff are sweet and intelligent, lots of very stimulating conversation with those guys! My only regret about this place is that I drank a ton of wine. The good news is that it closes fairly early so you're forced to go home and go to bed before you can do any real damage.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank heatherjwalter
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very intimate and centrally located. A small shop with a great selection of wine and cigars. Like others, my girlfriend and I were walking along the streets one evening and discovered this place by accident. We had a great night chatting and drinking some very good wine with the owner and some expats, getting the low down on Antigua politics and other interesting topics. As a US citizen I had to try a Cuban cigar. I'm not much of a smoker but it was worth the dizziness. I felt like such a rebel. We had a lot of fun, I highly recommend stopping by!

Visited December 2011