“Highlight if based in Antigua”

Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Variety of tours in a natural environment, in a coffee estate of family tradition, from coffee tours, latte art, coffee tasting, mule rides, bike rides, rallies, paintball, camping, hiking, ride to the cloud forest , bird watching, pic nics. Every day our vehicles Unimog provide free tranportation on a round trip basis to Finca Filadelfia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Antigua many times and think this is a highlight of the trip. This trip, my family and another family did the zip lining, mule riding, and the Sunday brunch. The group had 6 kids (ages 7-13). There are two Ziplining choices: we chose the 7-run course through the mountain; the 2-run canyon course is supposed to be amazing, but we thought it might be a bit too intense for first timers. The guides are so friendly, and the zip line is a two cable system which eases the worry factor for this mom. They will pick you up in Antigua, and the cost is incredibly reasonable. Highly recommend eating at the outdoor restaurant after your activity. Next time, my kids want to do the paintball. Tip: if it's the harvest season, definitely do the mule-ride, and you get to see the coffee beans being picked.

Ana K, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

We sincerely appreciate you comments, it´s a pleasure to know that you had such a good time with us at Finca Filadelfia, we hope to see you all here again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were at theFinca Filadelfia Coffee Plantation on Wednesday, July 2nd and simply had an awesome time. The Cafe' was nice, the food was excellent and the the service good. My fifteen year old daughter started the day with me doing the zipline canopy tour. What an incredible experience. We thought that doing the longer two runs might be scary but the guides we had were very good. We had one guide called Mike. While MIke had only been working at the Canopy tour for a few months he took the time to point out all the aspects of growing coffee and thwe effort required to harvest it. Mike answered every question my daughter and I had and even took the time afterwards to suggest resturants in town to visit. The horse tour was taken by my wife and daughter while I had a cup of coffee and they also said the tour guides were very good at taking care of them. I would certainly go back just because of people like Mike and the staff we encountered. Transportation was arranged in town and the Plantation picks up and returns you to town for free. I would highly recommend the plantation if you like these types of vacation activities. Ask for Mike (only other thing I know about him was he was also a pasta chef before this job and he speaks English well.) Also forgot to say bring a camera for the zipline. I was afraid I might drop mine but others had theirs just make sure you have a way to secure it.

1  Thank Kevin H
Ana K, Public Relations Manager at Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

We sincerely appreciate you comments, and we are glad tath you had such a good time with us. Hopefully we will see you all here again some time.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Located just outside of Antigua Guatemala, Finca Filadelfia was a great tour! We went with the whole family and had a great time. The tour was fabulous (Carlos is really nice!) and we took time for lunch and a visit at the playground for my grandchildren!

1  Thank Lizbell

It´s a pleasure fo us to know that you have enjoyed your time at Finca Filadelfia, we hope to see you all here again in the future. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our hostel called and scheduled the free transportation. All tours are booked and payed for directly at the Plantation. We waited in front of a church close to the big market and a really cool vehicle (straight out of Jurrasic Park) picked us up. It was about a 30 minute ride and the plantation is huge and very pretty and well kept. At the main ticket area there are bathrooms and a great restaurant and gift shop. My friend and I (over 50) took the coffee tour and enjoyed it very much ($20 something ?? don't remember exactly) and the kids (14 to 22 yrs old) went on the canopy/zip line. It's rather pricey ($50) but they said it was fantastic. The high one is over a canyon 400 ft high and there is a smaller/lower one that skims the top of the trees. My 14 yr old wasn't sure she could do it so I paid $15 for her to take the walking tour and let her take a look at the zip line and she went on the smaller one and when she got back I paid the difference. They said that if I paid the $50 and she chickened out they wouldn't give a refund. We had lunch there and it ran $120 for 6 people. Service was fantastic and the steak was the best. Everything we ordered was good. That was our splurge in Guatemala and it was a great day.

1  Thank AmyB27
Ana K, Public Relations Manager at Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We are so very glad that you have enjoyed your time at our property with your family, your comments are very kind, we appreciate it. We hope to see you all here back again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went to the coffee plantationthe first weekend I was in Guatemala. The staff was very nice and informative. We had a personal guide that took us through the entire process...I had no idea how much labor went into producing coffee. The gift shop had great deals on everything. I purchased several bags to take home to several family members. I do not drink coffee, but I am so glad I went. It was beautiful!

1  Thank Lenora M

We appreciate your kindest comments, and we hope to have you here back again some day to enjoy our variety of services.