“Great tour and fabulous grounds...”

Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Variety of tours in a natural environment, in a coffee estate of family tradition, from coffee tours, latte art, coffee tasting, mule rides, bike rides, rallies, paintball, camping, hiking, ride to the cloud forest , bird watching, pic nics. Every day our vehicles Unimog provide free tranportation on a round trip basis to Finca Filadelfia.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Sunfish Lake, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great tour and fabulous grounds...”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This tour was really informative and the grounds were gorgeous. I will savor each coffee bean from here on out. Our guide, Diego, was really good. The coffee I brought back to share was a huge hit!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MNtraveler55118

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great tour for coffee lovers”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As a coffee lover myself, I knew I had to take this tour. There has been mixed reviews about the tour, and I think that it all really depends on the tour guide. I ended up with a great guide. The tour basically gives you a tour of most of the plantation and gives you and overlook on how the coffee beans are planted, grown, harvested, processed, toasted and sent to all over the world. By the end of the tour you get to savor a hot cup of coffee right from the plantation's stock. Simply amazing.

I really enjoyed the tour and the knowledge of the tour guide. I got to ask questions and the tour guide even gave me some tips on where to go around Guate.

For all of you coffee lovers out there, if you are in Antigua, you must do the tour.

Now the finca filadelfia offers a lot of other activities, which I did not do, but looked to be fun such as the canopy tour, a hiking tour, a bus tour, and horseback riding.

Something to note is that the finca can pick up at 2 points in Antigua, I remember that the Capucchinas convent was one of them. Call them to get more info.

Budapest
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“I still remember the wonderful coffee...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Whenever I have a cup of coffee I still wonder that it needs some 40 steps before coffee looks like it does when it is in your cup.....This is one of the things that I learnt during my visit at Filadelfia coffee farm...amazing!
The pick up is in Antigua in front of San José el Viejo and you are taken to the farm by truck.
First you visit the fields where you can see that coffee at its earliest stage looks a bit like a cherry :)
The second part of the visit includes the mills and all the machinery needed to process and roast the coffee. You also get a lot on information rearding the different quality of coffees.
And last but not least, you taste a fantastic coffee :) You have the option to stay for lunch or go back to Antigua. Great experience!

Visited March 2012
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Antigua Guatemala”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I shad a great time at this place. The weather and the views were just perfect and the people very friendly. We went for the canopy experience and my 82 years old mom will do it again. There are 2 lines and of course we went for the "amateur" line. Expensive, yes but fun.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun experience!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on this tour because it was recommended to us as something interesting to do. We love coffee and were interested in finding out more. The tour lasted around one and a half hours and costs about 300Q for two people. Our guide was VERY informative and unlike a previous review, he could easily answer all of the questions we threw his way. We were pleasantly surprised by this tour and would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about coffee plantations and about the complex process.