“Good times!”
Review of Mananas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mananas Hotel
Ranked #25 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Good times!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

A great hostel in Antigua. Very cool town centre is nearby so everything is an easy walk away. The staff here are awesome and the room was great and well priced. There are free drinks and snacks all day long and it is always happy hour for buying drinks and there are often free beers and rums being handed around (I thought the freebies were just when Mexico won a game in the world cup, but apparently not). Great upstairs deck to view the surrounding volcanoes. A cool place to stay for sure!

Room Tip: Dorms were cheaper but the privates were large and affordable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thanks for take your time to write this review. And as you know in the Hostal we give the best for all ours lovely guest all the time. Regards, Sergio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I arrived in Antigua late at night and all I could find was a horrible hostel, probably the worst of my trip. so first thing in the morning, I set out to finding a better place. When I stepped in Holistico I said "This is the place, I love it". You just know immediately when a place is well kept and the staff pays attention to details. And at this point I didn't even know about the free breakfast (amazing) nor the free rum!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thanks for your amazing review, and you you are welcome any time if you are in Antigua, we did the best and I am so happy that you had fun in our hostel. Regards, Sergio
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I traveled to Antigua by myself and stayed at Holistico in May for 5 days, I booked a private room. The Hostel is very clean, it's centrally located, the complementary breakfast options are delicious and everything is homemade. The staff is really attentive and they provide a great customer service. I wouldn't doubt to stay here again if I visit Antigua again.

Room Tip: I advice staying in a private room, they are spacious and clean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thanks for your amazing time to write this review, we do the best every single day here and make happy all the guest. I saw that you really had a good time here. Thanks !!!! sergio
Prague
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Holistico. The place is new and very clean. The staff were helpful and very nice and friendly. The price is fair enought because the breakfast is included - you can choose from 6 different breakfasts and coffee, water, juice and tea with small snacks during all day. The hostel has a beautiful terace with the magnific view. Any time I will come back to Antigua, I will stay at this place! And plus there is very well equiped kitchen that you can use during all day. In the dorms were only 4 people so it was quit quite and comfortable. So do not hesitate, this is the best option in town. The price for bed in the dorm was 80 q or 10 USD I guess. It is worthed!

Room Tip: All room are good but try to choose that one which is closed to the main entrance.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest, all you wrote in this review is totally true and I hope that others travelers will come and stay with us and enjoy the amazing services that you describe here. Thanks for take your time and give to as the chance to show you that we do the best. Regards Sergio
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Holistico. The staff were welcoming, extremely friendly and very helpful when booking tours/shuttle buses. My friends and I booked our pacaya volcano tour through the hostel and we had a really good guide.

They offer delicious free breakfast (try the pesto egg sandwich) and free snacks, tea, coffee and juice daily which is excellent. You also have access to their kitchen.

The 6 bed dorm my friends and I shared was basic and relatively small; my bed was a little squeeky but otherwise fine. The rooms don't lock but you can keep all your valuables in a locker near reception. The hostel is also locked by a gate at all times so you feel very secure.

They offer cheap laundry services (10q per kilo) and you can hire a towel for 10q. The showers were hot and had good water pressure. There's wifi in the main reception area. We enjoyed a few drinks on the relaxing terrace. The hostel is pretty quiet during the day and there's no bar but you can buy beers - they have 2 for 10q during happy hour. You can also drink your own drinks in there. Outsiders are not allowed into the hostel so if you have friends staying elsewhere they won't be allowed in.

Overall, the hostel was very relaxing, clean and secure with helpful, friendly staff. If you want to party you can walk down the road to bars and other party hostels. Antigua is very small so you can easily walk around the town and go to restaurants and supermarkets from the hostel.

I'd definitely recommend you stay here! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Annie_r1412
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

the place is always so clean: the floor, the bathroom, the kitchen... it was great!
its cheap plus breakfast!
the only "bad" thing is that you cant bring visitors at all. its locked all day so it makes you feel secure:)

good wifi and great location!! reccomended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Such a great place, we stayed longer than planned. The owner, Sergio, and all the staff, were extremely accommodating with all of our requests. Kitchen available for use, Hot showers, free breakfast (one of the best I've had in a hostel), snacks laid out all day to pick from, free water and coffee. Sergio puts out a bottle of rum every afternoon for everyone to share. He is also very helpful with planning all your excursions and actually had the best prices too! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Guest, Thanks for your review and I saw that you enjoyed Holistico. Here our goal is all the time to give our best and as you know and also as you wrote here, we try that everyone have a good fun in Antigua like you had In your own experience. Thanks again , Regards