“Feels like home”
Review of Mananas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mananas Hotel
Ranked #33 of 124 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed in the Holistico Hostal in June 2013 with two other friends and it felt like home. The staff was the nicest we have met on our trip, the owner Sergio is awesome and we loved the breakfast! Every night Sergio planned some surprises for his guests, the room was so clean, that we could fall in our beds without cleanig anything before.
The terrace has a wonderful view on the vulcano.
In total: The Holistico Hostal is the best choice for your stay in Antigua!

Room Tip: We had the six-bed-room in the end of the floor. Perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Centrally located hostel with perfect service just around the corner from central park. Nice owner and helpful staff makes everything that you just can enjoy your time in beautiful Antigua. Stay a few nights you defenately won't regret!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great, very clean place to stay close to everything. The owners are super kind--they even serve free drinks in the evening and are fun to talk to. Great deck and places to sit and read or use the free Wi FI they provide. On New Years they even threw a dinner party for all of us at the hostel. Overall great place!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very nice, well-maintained for a good price. Just a few blocks off the plaza with easy access to restaurants, bars, and tiendas. Rooftop terrace is good for coffee in the morning or relaxing and seeing the stars at night. Desayuno (6 options) included as well as a "welcoming drink" in the evening. And the owners were very welcoming! Fellow guests were very friendly and respectful of the close quarters in the dorm. Had earplugs, but other guests, coming in late or waking up early to leave, didn't wake me up. Drinking water, coffee, tea, juice, and some crackers and candy provided. I got some lollypops! 3 nights in the dorm with a very soft bed. Cleanest linens I had in 3 weeks in Guatemala. The staff works their butts off, don't forget them when you leave. They actively keep the place looking fresh throughout the day and are incredibly gracious with helping you with anything from making travel plans to doing laundry. In the back bathrooms, the hottest shower is the first one. The idea of a window between the two showers is great, but somebody messed it up with the frosted glass! :) Lovers, beware the thin walls on the private rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

For a pretty cheap, this place was certainly all I needed for a short stay in Antigua. It was a short walk to most any part of town (the entire town is walkable), the staff was very helpful in suggesting things to do and places to go, and in arranging a ride to the airport, breakfast was good, and the hostel had a nice courtyard sitting area and roof deck. I slept in a shared room and did not find it loud at all. Everything was well maintained and I thought it was a good place for the price. I didn't have the sort of life changing expereince that some others seemed to have had but that was perfectly fine for me since I was only looking for a simple and well-maintained place to stay in town. I'd certainly return.

Room Tip: I had the 4-person shared room right next to the entrance and it was fine
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed in this hostel for three weeks because my friend got seriously sick so we have to at the beginning it was a.nice place the stuff is really friendly and the breakfast ist really good too.but.if you wanna stay.longer than 2 nights.the place loose its magic the owner gets totally drunk every evening and went totally crazy and he treats his stuff so badly and also the guests who doesn't act like he want to so for one night it's a great hostel but for a longer stay I won't recoment it also because of the music he has two or three cds so you have to listen to the same music the hole time even if you asked if it's possible to change the music and it's really annoying when you hear the same songs ten times a day! So if I go back to Antigua than to another hostel!!

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank shaperlin
holistico, Owner at Mananas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and I just want to tell you a few things that maybe many travelers dont know: As you know how many times I help your friend here at the hostal all the time and also you during your stay. Also you was asking me for a good price for your longer stay and I did for you and your friend and you was so happy all the time. Also you was here eating and drinking te all day and others guest were so really angry with your behavior. Also many times you and yours friends take the full snacks all the time and many guest told me that was not fair. I just remain you that I take care about your friend all the time but I saw that you have your own opinion about me that others if the see the amazing reviews here , they can see that you profit from us al the time and the minimum we need respect. Also I called many times the doctor and also you use my phone for to get call from europe and was longer that you say. But Thanks again for your review. Sergio

Reviewed December 28, 2013

While it was our first trip to Antigua, we were less than familiar with our surroundings. Staying at Holistico made it so easy. The entire team was very accommodating, whether it was suggestions on where to get a solid meal on a shoestring budget (Travel Menu Bar), booking shuttles to and fro Monterrico for the weekend or simply walking us to the grocery store instead of giving directions.

Getting in late was not a problem, in fact the owner typically had a bottle of rum or wine ready for you to drink upon your arrival.

The breakfast menu is fantastic considering it's all included with the price you pay for the room. (Try the pesto egg Sandwhich).

The rooftop Terraza is fantastic and offers beautiful views of volcan Agua, Acatenango and Fuego.

We will be returning to Holistico without a doubt.

Room Tip: The Monterrico Room is perfect and affordable for a traveling couple. (Private bath)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple