“Best in Antigua!”
Review of Mananas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Mananas Hotel
Ranked #28 of 111 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I loved staying here!!! I had never stayed in one before and was a little apprehensive, but Holistico Hostal was amazing! I stayed there for a month and never had a complaint! The staff is delightful and very helpful, and the view from the roof is to die for! It is a great environment and I am definitely going to stay there again as soon as I can get back down to Guatemala! I miss it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BethAnnHarper
There are newer reviews for Mananas Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Located in the perfect area of Antigua, close to everything you need. The rooms are always cleaned, and very comfortable. The staff is very nice and very helpful. I stayed here for a month and I felt like I was leaving a family by the end of the trip. Breakfast is delicious, and the movie selection is up to date and great! I can't wait to come back to Guatemala and visit my Holistico family!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Emily C
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I was fortunate to have heard of Holistico Hostal at least 3 times by recommendation before I even arrived in Antigua. So I knew it was a good sign that this was a place I needed to check out. I came to Antigua while traveling through Guatemala and had intentions of spending a few days seeing the city and then continuing my travels. Because of the people I met at Holistico and the warmth I felt from everyone there, I ended up staying for a month. I loved my stay at Holistico and consider Cesar, Maite, Fabiola, and Lindsay to be like family. The connections were so easy and the generosity so beautiful that I didn't want to leave. When my mom came to visit me during that time, I figured I would find a hotel for us to stay in while she was visiting, and after one day of being at Holistico, my mom said "we could go somewhere else, but why would we leave our family?"

The location is perfect and you have everything you need at the Hostal for the most reasonable prices (which include a wonderful breakfast made fresh by Fabiola each morning). The inner courtyard is beautifully inviting and the upstairs terrace is a treasure with amazing views of the surrounding volcanoes.

After that initial trip, I returned 2 more times during my stay in Guatemala. Every time I returned it was truly like coming home.

I am so grateful for the many recommendations I received check out Holistico and now I am the one recommending it to everyone I know who will be traveling through that area. I highly recommend this amazing place and hope it can be a part of your Antigua experience like it was mine. Ask for Cesar...he will take great care of you!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Anandafish
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I highly recommend Holistico Antigua. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the hostel is extremely relaxing and comfortable.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank grayson g
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have never been at a hostal and was scared. I was there a whole month and it became like a home. The people there are amazing! Not only do they do their job but, go beyond that and treat you more like family. I would highly recommend it to everyone! I miss it and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank AuraArana
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The place is lovely. It is very conveniently located - close to everything. Holistico was the best hostel in Antigua and we have checked quite a lot. It is very clean, the price is excellent and the atmosphere relaxed and comfortable. There are some hammocks in Holistico where you can sit and relax. I also loved the rooftop - the view of the volcano is amazing. Out of all the hostels we visited on our trip in Guatemala Holistico was absolutly the nicest and cleanest and I can honestly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street are nice because of the wondow - but pretty noisy because of the street view
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank anna r
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Everything about this place is right on! location, breakfast, service and above all the People!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo