“Truly a magical stay!”

and 1 more site!
Chez Daniel
Ranked #1 of 134 Antigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We really treasure our stay at Chez Daniel. Antigua is a magical city, and Chez Daniel helped us enjoy our visit even more. The place is immaculately clean, charming, and a comfortable walking distance to the center of the city. The rooms and bathrooms are huge. The hotel has great views of 3 volcanoes, and we enjoyed sipping coffee in the morning with this magical view, and the internal garden. Daniel and his staff were very accommodating, and gave us great recommendations on tours and restaurants. Breakfast was included in the rate, and it was delicious and filling. The B&B only has 4 rooms, so the feeling is very intimate and warm. The kitchen was spacious and well equipped, and guests has full access to it during their stay. We really cannot wait to come back to Antigua and stay at Chez Daniel. I cannot recommend this place enough. Excellent stay! Thank you!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have a better view of the volcanoes. Reserve as soon as possible as there are on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Chez Daniel

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We're travelling round the world so on a budget. Chez Daniel was an affordable treat. The standard of a hotel with the benefits of a hostel/b&b. Huge room and equally huge bathroom with a bath and lashings of hot water. Comfortable bed. TV with BBC World too! A kitchen with full cooking facilities which is great but also a nice breakfast. Everything nicely furnished and squeaky clean. Daniel is helpful in making arrangements and Marleni is a treasure! So helpful and informative. It's a bit out of town which is ok walking in but you need a tuktuk to return after dark. That makes it quieter for sleeping.

Room Tip: So nice to have such space and comfort. Get one upstairs with the terrace view of the volcanoes. On...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a long overdue and well-earned review… My brother and I stayed at Chez Daniel for two nights. What an amazing place. The staff is excellent and Daniel and his wife are so nice and available to assist in making your stay exceptional. I can’t say enough about this place. The breakfast is delightful: fresh squeezed OJ, warmed croissants with assorted jams, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Perfect breakfast before beginning your daily activities in Antigua…the walk to the main square is quick (about 10 minutes). The location is quiet and the accommodations are roomy with comfortable beds, hot shower, and soft towels and washcloths. They also provide complimentary drinking water. Upon arriving Chez Daniel, I realized I left my camera on the shuttle from Xela to Antigua. The lovely manager, Marleni, helped me call the shuttle service to try and retrieve it. Unbeknownst to me the shuttle service called back to say they found my camera. Later that night Daniel himself knocked on my door holding my camera (he retrieved it from the shuttle company!). I am amazed with the friendliness and customer service of this establishment. They truly care for their clients. I would not hesitate to stay here or recommend this lovely place. I only wished I could stay longer.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor which has great views of the volcanoes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at Chez Daniel the last week of November and it was truly a fantastic place. The room are huge and very charming with full bathroom. The place was immaculate and the staff extremely friendly and made excellent recommendations. There is a huge community kitchen with everything you need if you want to enjoy a home cook meal. Daniel and Marleni, the manage made my stay so pleasant I book another week in February :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Medic17764
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I spent six nights at Chez Daniel during the first part of November. We had contacted Daniel and Marleni about having a driver pick us up at the airport and we were very happy we did as it took a lot of stress out of getting to Antigua. When we arrived at Chez Daniel we were warmly greeted by Marleni who got us settled in and provided us with a lot of helpful information about the town, restaurants, atms, etc. The hotel only has four rooms which is great. The hotel is located outside the city center but this was actually a benefit since it is off the main route of the chicken buses which run all day long and are quite noisy. It is only a short walk into town or to the mercado. We had an upstairs room which has a patio and a gorgeous view of one of the volcanos. The rooms are large and have very large baths.
We found the rooms to be both quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast consists of a croissant, bread, jams, orange juice and coffee or hot chocolate. We supplemented breakfast with fresh fruits from the mercado. It should also be noted that you have free use of the kitchen facilities to cook if you so desire. We greatly enjoyed talking with Daniel and his lovely wife and valued their suggestions. We particularly enjoyed a trip in which we hired a driver to take us on a tour of many of the small villages surrounding Antigua. Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay at Chez Daniel and we will definitely stay there again upon our return to Antigua.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mickey H
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice and quiet home with only 4 large nicely decorated guest rooms. Genuinely kind and professional service. Great view of the volcano and within walking distance of the beautiful busy old historical town

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vieuxcool
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at Chez Daniel for 5 nights in Aug. 2013. I arrived VERY early in the morning because of my flight, but Marleni and Daniel greeted me warmly and had a cup of coffee ready for me.
The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was modern and more than large enough.
I only stayed for breakfast one morning, but it was everything that was promised.

Daniel was extremely open and friendly. He gave my son (who lives in Antigua) and I a tour of his entire property and answered all the questions we had about Antigua, Guatemala, and Central America in general.

I attempted to make reservations for my wife and I later this month, but unfortunately Chez Daniel was already completely booked. I will make arrangement well in advance next time.

I highly recommend Chez Daniel to anyone visiting Antigua.

Room Tip: I stayed in room #3 and had an amazing view of the Volcan de Agua directly out of my doorway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo