“LOVED this place”

Ranked #1 of 130 Antigua B&B and Inns
San Clemente, California
“LOVED this place”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This was one of the best accomodations I have ever experienced (and I do travel a lot). The owners were so gracious and helpful, and our room (as well as the place overall) was GORGEOUS! I can't wait to visit Antigua again to visit the lovely owners, and to stay at this lovely hotel. Thank you for such an enriching experience, and for all of your help while we were there. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I was looking for accommodations in Antigua to take language classes when a friend of a friend recommended Chez Daniel. The pictures and write up looked perfect, so I booked for 2 weeks. They arranged for my airport transportation, private language instructor and had maps and information ready when I arrived. Chez Daniel is a hidden gem. The entire staff is excellent, the owners will give you tips on travel, sights to see, help you arrange trips or anything you might need, all in a beautiful setting. The rooms are large, and airy, big bathrooms with shower/tub. A beautiful large garden area with tables and a kitchen where you can prepare foods or just keep extra supplies if you don't want to go out. Every morning there is delicious fresh juice, croissants and coffee or cappuccino. My trip was cut short by a family emergency and the owners did everything possible to help me rearrange my schedule. I look forward to returning and continuing my language lessons and I will definitely be staying at Chez Daniel.

Room Tip: All rooms are equal in quality and spaciousness.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank I2luv2Travel
Santiago Atitlan
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Another of these hidden gems that Antigua Guatemala has to offer. With so many lodging options in Antigua, we stumbled upon "Chez Daniel".My oh my what a fantastic little place this was. The personalised attention from the owner right from the start was a nice touch and the rooms were quite a treat. The owner , we found out , is a famous photographer in Guatemala and his pictures (mainly depicting guatemalan themes) were hung all over the place giving the hotel a "gallery" feel to it.He even ended up taking our portraits in a makeshift studio on the premises!(still waiting for them though!)
The wifi was great to have and the breakfast hit the spot. The only down side I have to say is that the bed was a little small. (i must say i am a "big" guy and i generally sleep in a king size. Oh well!.
Thank you for sharing this treasure with us Daniel and next time we are in Antigua we will surely stay with you again.

Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed here for two nights last week on my first visit to Antigua, and couldn't have been happier with this charming B and B. The rooms and bathrooms are large and clean, and feature museum-quality photographs of indigenous Guatemalans which give a unique local flavor to the hotel. I particularly enjoyed the terrace outside the upstairs rooms with its fantastic view of two volcanoes. (Nice place for some early morning yoga before enjoying the excellent coffee and fresh-squeezed orange juice!) It’s just a few minutes walk from the hotel to the market and from there to the plaza. The host, Daniel, was very helpful in pointing us towards several places to visit in town which we probably wouldn’t have found otherwise. Great bargain, too!

Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Clean and spacious rooms. The kind of place you could be comfortable in for an extended stay with lots of storage space , large modern shared kitchen, off street parking and a great bed. The host is a charming and talented photographer who not only chronicles the history of Guatemala through his work, but he makes a fabulous cappuccino as well!

Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed at Chez Daniel's for two nights this week for business and pleasure, which were easily well mixed from this hotelito. The charming small hotel is very comfortable, clean, quiet and a real bargain. Huge bathrooms. Bigger bthan mine.
Inpeccable woodwork. Daniel's photographs---well, it's like you are staying in a gallery. They document life and part of this country's history. Great coffee and fresh orange juice; good view of the volcanoes from the upstairs patio.
Really nice kitchen. Bigger than mine at home.