“I Would Go to Antigua - Just for This Restaurant!”
Review of Epicure Restaurant

Epicure Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Epicure is a beautiful place to come with the family, friends and partner, with an extensive menu for different tastes, we have a qualified and friendly staff, we are a different restaurant and we invite you to come visit us, the first point is our store where you will find a variety of products, if you follow advanced you will see our beautiful restaurant with a large garden , a place where in addition to spend a good time with those who accompany you also you can taste dishes and products of high quality in a relaxing atmosphere guaranteed
San Diego
“I Would Go to Antigua - Just for This Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is certainly the best restaurant I ate at in all of central America and perhaps in my life.

It is owned by a man who has made a lifelong search for happiness and of course food, prepared in just the right amounts and with great care) is part of his quest for happiness.

He also owns a farm, so everything on the menu (except the seafood) comes from his farm.

The restaurant is a reflection of the owner's Epicurean philosophy. I didn't know that there was such a thing as Epicurean philosophy, but wow, does it result in tasty food. They offer everything from soup to steak, but the flavors of everything were subtle and interesting.

The quality of the food is more like what you would find in a good New York City, French restaurant, only the menu is one that appeals to travelers and locals.

As I write this I have eaten there five times and I plan to go back again before I leave Antigua. I'm slowly working my way through the menu.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
central Wisconsin, USA
“Enjoyed a wonderful dinner on my 75th !”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

For my birthday dinner, my friend and I chose to eat at Epicure on 3rd Ave N. It was just one block from my hotel, and across the street from the el Carmen Ruins. There is a wonderful deli at the front of the store and you will want to come here often for their products. Up a few steps and there are a couple indoor dining areas, and in the rear is a beautiful outside garden and fountain area, which is where we dined. My meal was jumbo shrimp prepared with the most delicious mustard curry sauce ever! The side was a Portabella mushroom topped with a nice risotto topping. For dessert the pana cote was really, really good. Later in the week, a quick lunch was good too. Easy to find and well worth the visit!

Visited February 2014
Michigan
“Poor seating, good food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We were seated, a group of maybe 12, on the terrace with some of us facing the lovely garden and some the bar. I was unfortunately in the latter group. My view was the too busy wait staff, our server literally running back and forth and the open window watching what looked like the dishwasher. The garden seating looked lovely. The food was quite good and so were the desserts. There was not enough staff in the bar and the very lighted seating created an atmosphere that reduced the food experience significantly.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, good service and an amazing garden”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I highly recommend this place for brunch or dinner. Food is very good and the garden is an oasis. A must go in Antigua

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scandi2004
“Excellence in Antigua”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We have visited on many occasions and always leave impressed. The food is outstanding and very reasonably priced, the ambiance is lovely an the service is unparalleled anywhere else in Guatemala.

Most for the products are vertically sourced from the owners farm in the highlands and the take away deli sandwiches may be the best deal in Antigua.

Just a note in response to the few (maybe not so bright) reviewers who dinged Epicure for not being child friendly: we LOVE that this place is quiet, romantic and suited for a leisurely ADULT dinner. Screaming barfing children breaking things have their place, too; inside a fast food jungle gym play area.

Keep up the great work, Jon!