“DELI-delicious!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Epicure Restaurant

Epicure Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Epicure is a beautiful place to come with the family, friends and partner, with an extensive menu for different tastes, we have a qualified and friendly staff, we are a different restaurant and we invite you to come visit us, the first point is our store where you will find a variety of products, if you follow advanced you will see our beautiful restaurant with a large garden , a place where in addition to spend a good time with those who accompany you also you can taste dishes and products of high quality in a relaxing atmosphere guaranteed
Sydney, Australia
“DELI-delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place is perfect for lunch. Their Italian inspired menu has lots of things to graze on while you enjoy their beautiful garden.

We enjoyed the anti pasto platter with loads of fresh cuts from their own deli and afterwards shared a perfect sized pizza for two.

Make sure you browse through their deli as you might find some very interesting international snacks! We found Dutch stroopwafels and german candy we love.

What a nice surprise, we also paid just $20 so can't go wrong.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
yacht traveling south
“My favorite restaurant in Antigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wow!! One has to eat here to believe it. This is a restaurant and a deli. All the edibles in the deli are made at Epicure. It is all very fresh and reasonable priced. They have lots of gourmet items which are imported from the US. It was quite surprising to see items from Trader Joe's. The imported items are pricier but that is the norm in all shops in Guatemala. Their spice selection is amazing and very reasonably priced, The staff is friendly and helpful and seem to enjoy working here which is a testament to the friendly, professional owner, John.

The restaurant is delightful. The atmosphere is incredible, a beautifully manicured courtyard. We appreciate a statement on the menu asking children to remain at their table. It enriches the experience for all. We have had lunch and dinner three times here in the last week. Each meal was wonderful. Delicious, great presentation and friendly waitstaff. The Spinach crepes and filet mignon were wonderful. My husband ate the best burger he has had outside the US. The soups, chicken, and salads are very good. I strongly recommend this charming restaurant as well as the deli.

• Visited September 2013
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our visit to Epicure was good.

The deli section has some nice items but is very pricey.

In the garden restaurant we had fish and chips and a sandwich.

Both were good. Not great as the fish was on the dry side. Maybe a little
overcooked.

Service was good as in average.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went here for dinner during one of my two evenings in Antigua and was more than impressed. Our waitress spoke English very well and was able to speak to us in both Spanish and English clearly. We sat outside in a beautiful garden-setting. It does get dark in the evening and would be more suitable for adults, rather than families.

My meal was phenomenal! I had asparagus-stuffed mahi-mahi with a side of potatoes. I then had a delicious dessert - it was the perfect hybrid of pudding and creme brulee. I highly recommend the food.

• Visited August 2013
Patzcuaro, Michoacan
“Nice meal in a nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

When you've lived out of the U.S. as long as I have, when you actually find Fish and Chips on a menu, you order it. Epicure had it down pat. I didn't have to tell them what tartar sauce was, and they brought malt vinegar without asking. The batter was tasty and crunchy, though the fish was a tad bland. The service was good and all in all, it was an enjoyable meal. I also liked how they served it, with the fish and chips in separate sundae-glass-shaped basket. As for ambiance, it might have been the nicest place I ate at in my week. If you only have a short stay in Antigua and go off of Tripadvisor ratings, you'll probably miss this place, but in reality, you shouldn't, because it's very nice. It was recommended to me by a young lady from San Francisco who I met hiking up to el Cerro de la Cruz.

It is located right in front of one of my favorite church ruins, Iglesia del Carmen, which offers some interesting night photo opportunities.

Visited August 2013