“Nice, clean, great location and friendly staff!”

Hotel Mi Casa En La Antigua
Ranked #37 of 128 Antigua B&B and Inns
“Nice, clean, great location and friendly staff!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is our third hotel that we stayed at in Antigua and is the best! Our room was spacious and had lovely dark wood flooring and a comfortable queen sized bed. The windows overlooked the courtyard where little lights twinkle each night. The bathroom is new and updated, only downside is that it wasn't cleaned on a daily basis.
Hotel is in a great location across from Cafe No Sey and Cafe Sky. Very nice staff. We paid Q150 for two people.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin
Reviewed August 18, 2011

After staying in four other hotels in Antigua a friend suggested Mi Casa. From the minute you walk in the door you feel like you're at home. Lovely secure grounds, spotless rooms (mine had an amazing view over the city and volcanoes), spacious kitchen and the friendliest staff I've ever come across. It's located in the nicest part of Antigua, 5 mins from the city square and right across the street from two of the most popular bar/restaurants in the town - Cafe No Se and Cafe Sky. Everything from juice bars, tourists offices and a laundry are within a few seconds of the main door. The hotel is completely secure and monitored from dawn till dusk after which only guests can get in. I got a great deal on weekly rates and I only wished I'd found it sooner. From someone who has travelled all over the world, this one of the best small hotels I've stayed in and brilliant value for money. Would recommend 100% to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I spent three weeks in La Antigua, my stay at the Hotel Mi Casa was a very pleasant experience. The hotel staff went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. They prepared breakfast each morning, maintained a clean environment, and provided a level of security that made me comfortable with leaving my valuables in my room.

When I got an eye infection, they wrote a memo to the pharmacist, enabling me to get the medication I needed in the late evening.

One afternoon another group had a tour going to Volcan de Bacaya, the management arranged for me to join the group and I had a very pleasant afternoon. When I traveled outside of La Antigua, they arranged for the shuttles to get me where I wanted to go.

I often had questions about Guatemalan customs, the holiday rituals, and the Spanish language. My questions were answered, often leading to lengthy discussions.

Hotel Mi Casa is located within easy walking distance of the many attractions in La Antigua. I found many very good restaurants within a three or four block walk. I plan to return to La Antigua, and I will make my reservations at Hotel Mi Casa.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo