“Great spot to hang out at night. Come for the drinks and cigars, stay for Ron!”

Antigua Tabaco Compania S.A.
Ranked #25 of 86 things to do in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a cigar shop that has a private living room smoke room. Come and visit us and allow us to invite you in. See you soon.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great place for a relaxed evening. I loved the owner of the place, Ron. He's an expat living in Antigua and he has a great sense of humor. He also makes amazing recommendations for rum and other drinks. Let the record show that I neither drink nor smoke but I loved the place. It's a wonderful place to have good conversations and just hang out with friends. In fact, it's such a chill, relaxed atmosphere that you'll likely make friends with other patrons and, by the end of the night, you'll be ready to do it all over again. My companions loved the liquor and the Cubans.

As a non-drinker / non-smoker, I felt completely comfortable. Ron had no problems with my ordering diet cokes and the cigar smoke was not a bother at all. My friends and I went back again and again and I used Ron's advice to buy some rum for my friends back home -- definitely a hit.

1  Thank Ndidi A
There are newer reviews for Antigua Tabaco Compania S.A.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nice little spot in Antigua with a great selection. By far the most affordable cubans I have ever found in my travels.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Loved my time in the shop. Very nice local crowd seem to gather often for cigars as well as an interesting mix of tourists. The service is great, I just wish there was more of a selection of Cubans (9 vitolas to choose from when I was there). Plenty of Hondurans and Nicaraguans to choose from. little tip: try the smoked beef

1  Thank AdamCosmicTraveller
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I live in Antigua and like to smoke cigars. Not only does Bacchus have the widest selection, but it's the only one that's affordable if you're here more than a week. They have the same cigars as the tourist spots on arch street, usually for two thirds or half the price. Spend 5q or 200q on your cigar. Excellent atmosphere, people and service.
And I didn't even talk about their smoked food and cheeses.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was lucky enough to find this wee gem on my first trip to Antigua a year ago and of course had to visit it again this time.. It's a small place, beautiful decorated, cosy and friendly. Some of the same people were there the a year later!! Felt right at home. Ron, who works there is a real gentleman, friendly and makes you feel so welcome. Also, because it's so small, its impossible not to meet anyone!! Plus of course if you like cigars Ron knows the best to try.. But even if cigars are not your thing, there is wine, rum, whatever you like!

1  Thank broomekim