“Euro Maya Suites and Travel Agency - highly recommend”

Hotel EuroMaya Suites
Ranked #40 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I highly recommend Euro Maya Suites and Euro Maya Travel services. On April 2014 we spend 10 days of round trip through Guatemala. We were two people traveling and we had a very very tight schedule with Tikal, Rio Dulce, Livingston, Antigua, Atitlan, San Pedros, San Marcos, Chichi, Pacaya Volcano and El Paredon. Knowing it may be very hard to make the trip in only ten days we decided to look for a local tour operator. We've send emails with our desired trip itinerary to over 300 (!!!) travel agencies in Antigua, Guatemala City and Flores - few of them replied, but only Euro Maya Travel confirmed that our crazy plan is possible, and they can help us to organise it.
We met at the airport - had a driver who showed us all desired places in the City and left with vouchers for first part of the trip - therefore we left him half of the agreed price. The vouchers included all bus/boat/shuttle services, tours and acommodation. Every time we were passing through Antigua - we were exchanging money for vouchers for next parts of our trip. I must admit we were realy concerned if everything is going to work but to our surprise - everything was organised absolutely perfectly! Perfect locations , good discounts, no delays - if we had to change buses - the maximum delay was 10-15 minutes!
Before we decided to use Euro Maya service we made some calculations and it showed up that if we were to organise everything on our own - we would have to spend much more time waiting for shuttles/buses. Also some of the connections were provided to us directly by Euro Maya only for our couple - otherwise - it would be impossible to get to some of the places and see so much with so few time... We had some preferences with some of the hotels - these we booked in advance on our own - others were booked by Euro Maya and it's also a good deal as they have some discounts and all in all it may be cheaper than booking on your own...
Three times during our trip we had a night at Antigua were we slept at EuroMaya Suites - the location is very good - 5 minutes walk to the central park, close to the bussy night life streets but in the place that itself is calm and very silent. The old house is beautiful with charming patio and a very cosy ambience. During the three nights we wre the only guests making us feel almost as if the whole place was our private home...
If you plan a trip to Guatemala and want to have everything organised with good quality and reasonable price - we recommend Euro Maya. If you don't want to join an organised tour but have it tailor-made - we recommend Euro Maya. And all in all the relief you get for the feeling of absolute security, that you don't need to look for next connection or place to sleep, that you won't be late for next bus and had to stay overnight in unknow and not always amusing place - that feeling of security is worth money you will spend for Euro Maya services...

Room Tip: The room upstairs lack daylight but have very big private terrace!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bartek T
There are newer reviews for Hotel EuroMaya Suites

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were only there for one night as we were passing through Antigua. We booked fairly last minute through expedia. We arrived to a charming, large suite which was immaculately clean. The people who worked at the desk were very helpful with places to eat. Breakfast was large, fresh and delicious. My only caution is that there are apparently three Euromayas in Antigua. We were unaware of this, and although it is entirely our fault for not knowing which one, we were originally dropped off at the wrong one then needed a taxi to get to the correct one. Know which Euromaya you are staying at so you can tell your bus or shuttle driver. We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the EuroMaya Suites - our only regret was we couldn't stay longer.

We booked online and last minute and got a fantastic deal which also included breakfast. Our suite was very large - it consisted of a lounge downstairs with sofa, huge tv with cable and fridge. The bathroom was also located on the same level. Upstairs was an enormous bedroom with a double and two single beds.

The hotel is beautiful, peaceful, secure and although located a few blocks back from the centre of Antigua - the city isn't big and easily accessible by foot. The staff were friendly, attentive and very helpful with assisting us book onwards travel.

It would be great if the wifi could be extended to the rooms - during our stay we could only pick up a signal whilst sitting in reception. However, our room was the furtherest from reception so the rooms towards the front may be better equipped in than respect.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay and I would definitely choose EuroMaya Suites if we return to Antigua.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was clean, staff was extremely friendly and helpful, it was overall a cute hotel. But, they fell short in a few "upscale" details it seemed they tried to implement but didn't quite succeed. I've stayed several times in Antigua, for this price point I would have expected not just a nice room, but the details as well, especially this far from the center of town. A few examples: very weak wifi, not in the room and barely reaching the sitting area in the courtyard. I had an unusually laid-out 2 floor room with a loft bed and non-working shower up a steep stairway, but a bathroom on the first floor, I ended up leaving my luggage in the living room and changing down there- inconvenient. A pretty but poorly designed shower in my bathroom that couldn't help but soak the bathroom floor. Bitter, bad coffee sitting in the percolator- this is Antigua, for gosh sakes, please offer good coffee. So, it's a nice and friendly place, but I was disappointed with what I got because of the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in the Euro Maya Suites for a week. It was incredible value for money. The rate include a hot breakfast, there is a lovely small patio by the breakfast room. Bedrooms have TV and Sky. They also have a fridge so that you can keep water and food cold. Everything is extremely clean. The staff are absolutely wonderful. Very kind and considerate, particularly Jorge at the reception who was always charming and extremely professional. The hotel became my home for a week whilst in Antigua.

Definitely my favourite hotel after travelling for three weeks in Guatemala. I would highly recommend it. There is absolutely nothing I can fault. Also a great location if arriving by bus, as it is only five minutes walk. A very easy and safe walk to the main square as well. Also if you want to eat locally, there is the Rainbow Cafe and Cactus within a couple of blocks, both of which are great for casual dining.

Be careful when booking, as there is a Euro Maya Hotel as well. This is a different property.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3, which was a duplex and had a small living area downstairs. Be careful if you are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Huge rooms well located wifi worked in the rooms. The only problem was sometimes the shower had no hot water. Good team worked in the hotel. Negative point no safe in the room or the lobby.they are very helpful and will give all the information you need.

Room Tip: Check the shower first before getting the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have frequently visited Guatemala, three times over the last seven months. I usually take the airport shuttle to Antigua on my way to other Guatemalan spots, and I come back to stay in Antigua on my way home for at least two nights coming and going.

After several stays at hotels in a similar price range, I have finally found the best one.

At this price you will receive beautiful rooms, or room depending on what room you end up with. I was truly shocked at how nice these rooms are. Especially after staying at typical no extras or luxury places in Guatemala, I was beyond pleased with the cleanliness and luxury of this place. I didn't even want to leave my room after traveling the dusty roads of this country. I will never stay anywhere else now that I know about this place. Also there are two hotels with similar names (EuroMaya and EuroMaya Suites) and I've stayed at both. You will not be disappointed with either one.

Room Tip: All three rooms I've stayed in at this hotel were gorgeous but I did have one room that sat over...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo