“Simply outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 82 Hotels in Antigua
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Simply outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed in the Euro Maya Suites for a week. It was incredible value for money. The rate include a hot breakfast, there is a lovely small patio by the breakfast room. Bedrooms have TV and Sky. They also have a fridge so that you can keep water and food cold. Everything is extremely clean. The staff are absolutely wonderful. Very kind and considerate, particularly Jorge at the reception who was always charming and extremely professional. The hotel became my home for a week whilst in Antigua.

Definitely my favourite hotel after travelling for three weeks in Guatemala. I would highly recommend it. There is absolutely nothing I can fault. Also a great location if arriving by bus, as it is only five minutes walk. A very easy and safe walk to the main square as well. Also if you want to eat locally, there is the Rainbow Cafe and Cactus within a couple of blocks, both of which are great for casual dining.

Be careful when booking, as there is a Euro Maya Hotel as well. This is a different property.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3, which was a duplex and had a small living area downstairs. Be careful if you are...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Huge rooms well located wifi worked in the rooms. The only problem was sometimes the shower had no hot water. Good team worked in the hotel. Negative point no safe in the room or the lobby.they are very helpful and will give all the information you need.

Room Tip: Check the shower first before getting the rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have frequently visited Guatemala, three times over the last seven months. I usually take the airport shuttle to Antigua on my way to other Guatemalan spots, and I come back to stay in Antigua on my way home for at least two nights coming and going.

After several stays at hotels in a similar price range, I have finally found the best one.

At this price you will receive beautiful rooms, or room depending on what room you end up with. I was truly shocked at how nice these rooms are. Especially after staying at typical no extras or luxury places in Guatemala, I was beyond pleased with the cleanliness and luxury of this place. I didn't even want to leave my room after traveling the dusty roads of this country. I will never stay anywhere else now that I know about this place. Also there are two hotels with similar names (EuroMaya and EuroMaya Suites) and I've stayed at both. You will not be disappointed with either one.

Room Tip: All three rooms I've stayed in at this hotel were gorgeous but I did have one room that sat over...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at the EuroMaya suites. They were lovely, cute rooms and friendly staff. Has all your basic needs covered. Short walk to all the sights. Would definitely stay again.

Be careful there are two hotels with the same name and our driver originally took us to to wrong destination. So check the address carefully!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I guess I summed it up in the title, I have been coming to Antigua for 5 years now and had never heard of his hotel, now I will be a regular.Can not imagine what you would have to pay in Canada for a hotel comparable to this, but who cares where i live it is -40 right now and not looking forward to the trip home in a couple of days.
Staff is very friendly, a hot breakfast was a nice surprise, location is great but Antigua is so small it is hard to not have a great location. one of my favourite things here is walking the cobblestone streets and people watching, you can get lost for hours. I do have one hotel that I still prefer but it is 4 times the price and for that you get the same plus a pool and tennis courts. I will still use that hotel but not as much.
Beds are extremely comfortable and hard to get out of except for breakfast and sunshine. Big Samsung flat screen TV's, great coffee is always on and it is free. the only thing I would change is breakfast could be better bacon instead of salchitas (hotdogs), I enjoy the fresh fruit anyway so it was not a big deal and the wifi is not strong enough to reach the rooms, they just need better router maybe I will fix that next time I am here. 17 years in IT helps.another option is just buy a USB modem at the "Bodegona" a Claro 4G is about 20 dollars and comes with two weeks of fast internet, you just plug it into a USB port of your laptop and the installation is automatic..it's a no brainer, that works anywhere in the country so that will keep you connected quite nicely. I come to Guatemala every three weeks I may work in the North but I get lots of vacation.
A better breakfast and stronger wifi and I would give this a 5 out of 5, the staff are so great that I was tempted to anyway.I think I will as the hotel and staff are such a nice surprise and those things did not bother me if you need to send and email go to the coffee area enjoy a wonderful cup of Antigua's finest and you have plenty of signal there.

Room Tip: Room 6 is right above the router so you get a passable signal in your room, nice balcony for your mo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Twothirdsgone
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I am just wrapping up my stay at Hotel EuroMaya Suites. I was originally going to stay three nights but just booked another night because Antigua is so charming, and this hotel is so comfortable, clean and quite.

Most of all, the service is awesome. Renato is a great host. He is extremely helpful with advice and recommendations. A wonderful breakfast, with yummy coffee, is included with your stay. Breakfast starts at 7am but I had to leave super early one morning for a volcano hike, and he offered to pack me a breakfast for the road. Following my hike, I was full of ash, and he offered to clean my clothes and runners. I feel like I am at home.

Having a travel agency in the hotel is a great perk too. You can ask questions and book things without leaving your hotel!

The only complaint I have is that the internet is only reliable in the lobby. I'd prefer to type away in my room...but maybe this is a common occurrence in Guatemala.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

*This review is for Hotel Euromaya, not Euromaya Suites. My Overall Rating: 3.5/5; Great location just two blocks from the center of town and decor is really cool with local handicrafts and color all over and lots of small nooks with tables and a rooftop deck. The price was fair ($50USD) - I paid similar prices at three other hotels in Guatemala and Euromaya had the largest room and bathroom, and had better quality of bed, shower, furniture, lighting, entertainment, etc...nothing luxurious, but better than what you'd expect at this price. Noise is a problem in all these Antigua open-courtyard style hotels with a lot of street traffic and firecrackers being set off, so if you are a light sleeper, bring some earplugs (and my room was at the back on the 2nd floor). The service is average, most of the front desk acts as if you are bothering them if you ask a question/request a service. One last comment: The wi-fi signal was awful, I could barely get minimal network in the courtyard, and in my room nothing at all, and they really need in-room security boxes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo