“Great Food, Lovely Setting.”
Review of Tartines

Tartines
Ranked #29 of 403 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Go up to the balcony for great food and a lovely view. I really loved the arugula salad. The wine list is extensively packed with high quality french selections.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been to Tartines several times before. This time, the food was average and the service, very poor. With so many wonderful restaurants to choose from, the owner needs to vamp up the service to at least friendly.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm really sorry for writing this negative review because in my first visit here, almost a year ago, we really enjoy great food. Although we couldn't lunch on the terrace because it was reserved, we did enjoy the food as much as we imagine.
But my second visit last Saturday, I ordered the chicken with the "sauce of the day", but unfortunately, it came with a cockroach in it.
I called the waiter and show the scene, he did take the dish away but never came back. A couple of minutes later, I asked for the menu again to order something else (I was starving and I didn't want to ruin my wife's lunch). So I ordered something with no "sauce of the day".
After lunch, the captain came to me and offer me an apology and ask if we'd like a cup of wine or a dessert, but we were in a hurry, and actually, I didn't want anything from them.
The bill? We just receive the two drinks for free, as an excuse for this.
Beside all this situation, I have to warn you that they don't have a menu in English, and their waiters just speak Spanish with poor English skills, so be prepared to know some basic words in Spanish to order something you'd like.
In my case, I'll never come back here again.

1  Thank RolandoPeralta
Reviewed February 19, 2013

While the food was generally good, the highlight of this restaurant was the terrace seating with gorgeous views. Felt that the food was overpriced, but the overall ambiance and service makes this restaurant worth visiting. Will probably visit again on next trip and try some other items off the menu...

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The view from the terrace is worth going for alone but the food is also very delicious. I would highly recommend it! It is very close to the center of Antigua, right off of the main square. Everything we had was prepared perfectly. We came a little before sunset, which I would suggest so you can see the sunset over the ruins of the cathedral.

1  Thank lewmorski