“Bird watching around Lake Atitlan”
Review of Voltan Adventures

Voltan Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of cultural, adventure and ecotourism tour packages in Guatemala with exciting itineraries designed for individual visitors, small and large groups. Due to our many years of experience in the travel industry, we offer competitive prices with no compromise on quality. We are highly recommended by our customers on Trip Advisor an award that recognizes the quality of our services and hard work and dedication of our team. In 2016, we decided to change our company name to Voltan Adventures. Voltan is the Mayan God of the Earth NOT to be confused with Votan (the Mayan God of War). Over the years our company has developed a stellar reputation as one of the best tour operators within Guatemala. Because our base of operations is at Lake Atitlan and our former company name was Tours Atitlan some people would confuse our company with a competitor whose name is similar. We noticed a trend. Numerous tour operators were incorporating the lake into their company name and this was leading to much confusion. Because our company is Mayan owned and locally operated we decided it would be best to embrace our culture and take a more distinctive name where there can be no confusion. So welcome to Voltan Adventures. To read about our company’s past reviews please see our customers Trip Advisor reviews under our old company name: Tours Atitlan, and after your trip with us, please post a review under our new name so we can begin a new tradition!
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We had a wonderful experience going bird watching with Isaias around Lake Atitlan. Isaias was knowledgeable, and assured that each person in our group had a chance to see each bird. He took us to a beautiful garden, so in addition to seeing many birds, we also saw amazingly beautiful flowers. His excitement about some of the unique birds we saw enhanced my experience. Isaias took the time at the end of our excursion to help us review the many varieties of birds we had seen. I would recommend him to future visitors.

1  Thank MarciaGS123
"day trip"
in 11 reviews
"tour company"
in 8 reviews
"spoke very good english"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 23, 2016

I first met Pedro in December 2015 when my family visited me in Guatemala. Pedro took us to Pacaya, Iximche, and Santiago and San Juan on the lake. Pedro was so knowledgeable about every aspect of Guatemala-from history to tradition to flora and fauna, Pedro knew the answers to all of our questions. He was kind and helpful and full of information. Pedro really made Iximche come alive for my family and helped us navigate the best places to visit in San Juan.

I then asked Pedro if he would take my grandfather to Santiago and San Juan this past November. My grandfather returned from his day with Pedro raving about how informative and interesting the tour was, and incredibly impressed by Pedro's knowledge. I would highly recommend Tours Adventure Atitlan, and especially if you can get Pedro as your guide. The logistics were smooth, he was full of recommendations, and the experience was just overall sop enjoyable.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

My friend and I just returned from a week long trip throughout Guatemala expertly planned by Pedro and his team at Tours Adventure Atitlan. From start to finish, Pedro was extremely responsive in helping us plan a highly customized tour that covered everything we wanted to see and still stayed within our budget. He was always extremely patient in answering all my questions and requests. I also appreciated that he took the initiative to set up a Skype call so we could accelerate things since we booked our trip 2 weeks before the departure. Our itinerary had us going from Antigua- Lake Atitlan- Chichicastenango- Tikal - Antigua. It was the perfect amount of adventure/relaxation. Our personal highlight was definitely the lake where we thoroughly enjoyed Santa Cruz, Santiago and San Juan. Since we had such a customized trip and a tight timeline, Pedro arranged for private tours/shuttles the whole way. Every single guide and driver was always on time and a delight to be with. The truly were seasoned pros with a ton of experience and knowledge! Once again, my experience from start to finish was a delight with Tours Adventure Atitlan. I was looking at options on how to travel throughout Guatemala independently and through public transport but decided that I wanted to enjoy my vacation more and not worry about all the logistics of planning. I'm so happy that I made that choice with Pedro and his team! Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Tours Adventure Atitlan provided our group with excellent options, friendly service, and wonderful opportunities to see, get the feel for, and know the Lake Atitlan area. From shopping, hiking, visiting attractions, and making friends with us, our guides were the best. Thanks, Pedro and team!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed November 26, 2016

I did a half-day tour with Pedro at Rincón Suizo, a high-elevation reserve north of Tecpán. Pedro was an extremely capable and enthusiastic guide, who went out of his way to help me educate myself in the avifauna. He was able to isolate birds in his scope for me to inspect, and he often took photos to help me with identification. We saw a nice variety of exotic highland birds, including the much sought after pink-headed warbler. The tour was expensive ($150), but that included transportation to and from Panajachel. Pedro used his smartphone to attract the pink-headed warbler, a practice I'm not fond of, but I'm sure he would have desisted if I had something. Overall, I was very satisfied, and I highly recommend this company to birders traveling in Guatemala. Tip for travelers to Rincón Suizo: consider taking dramamine. I got a serious case of vertigo on the winding, mountain road, exacerbated by the altitude and possibly by dehydration.