“Great addition to my trip”
Review of CATours

CATours
Ranked #24 of 55 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer you the very best in motorcycle adventures in Guatemala. CATours are now in the final stages of their completion of Tunnel Spar Hotel in Santa Ana, which is less than 2.5 kms from Central PK. This is primarily aimed at single travellers that are looking for a different location that offers safe secure parking for Motorbikes. We also give free advice for repairs and work that may be required.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Oddly , i not planned any motorcycle riding on my recent trip to Guatemala but while I was walking near my hotel i spotted CATours Motorcycle Adventures. I spoke with David the owner and we arranged a multi-hour tour of the surrounding area of Antiqua visiting several towns with a stretch of off road riding included. The tour that David arranged was incredible. We visited several towns around antiqua which were not regular tourist destinations, so one was not hit up for buying those weaved things you see all over Guatemala. Along the tour we also visited the local chocolate maker, a very nice artisan market, and several nice towns. The stretch of off road riding was challenging but was also the right amount of time. David as a guide is very knowledgeable of the area, and also as a rider. He will give you a brief overview on what you need to be successful during your day tour (he has longer tours available also) including some good tips to drive like the Guatemalans. The bike i rode from CATours Motorcycle Adventures was a Honda 200cc and was perfect for the day. No issues with the equipment.CATours Motorcycle Adventures also has a nice facility with espressos, beers, etc available after your hard day of riding. They also have some nice tshirts available should you want to take home a memory of your day. Overall, it was a great experience and would encourage others to try it out!

1  Thank Ira C
There are newer reviews for CATours

Reviewed December 16, 2013

in central America for ten days ca tours took us to the lakes .up into the mountains we rode every day and each day was different one hour on concrete roads the next on a off road track challenging but exhilarating at the same time .novice or experienced rider ca tours supply everything you need bikes helmet etc thanks guys

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went on the Lake Atitlan tour about a month ago. It is an overnight tour and worth every
penny. David is an excellent guide....he knows a lot of back roads off the beaten path
and the scenery and views are just stunning.... It was just a fun adventure!!!!
I even hung out around the shop for a couple days with David and Jose. Always
something interesting going on there.... They have all the riding gear you may need
and the motorcycles are in great condition. They had just purchased a couple of
new Honda's while I was there. I would highly recommend CATours to anyone!!!!!

Todd B.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We are in Central America for six months and wanted to buy bikes to do a long tour. I emailed David on a whim and he was incredibly helpful, guiding us through the process both via email and in person. Then he sat down with us and helped us plan a route. He never asked us for a dime and spent quite a bit of time helping us. He seems to know just about every back road in this country. His shop is great and his bikes look clean and well maintained. I'm sure he could show anyone a hell of a time in guatemala.

1  Thank Jedtarlow
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Depending upon your learning curve, you can learn how to ride a motorbike in 4 hours and tour around the town the next day. After 4 hours, my boyfriend easily rode back with one of the instructors sitting behind him. I, on the otherhand, didn't have much success. Not to say that our teacher, Frenchy, was not good. Frenchy is really patient, attentive and super anal about safety. I just couldn't get the hang of it b/c I have this talent of not being one with the bike :) We could have gone on tour the 2nd day if I rode in the back of my boyfriend's motorbike but, yeah, that sounded not too appealing to me. So I came in for a private 2nd lesson. I got a lot better as I was able to shift to 2nd gear, turn, weave around cones and start on an uphill incline. I would have liked to go in for another day of lessons to build confidence but Frenchy was starting his week long holiday. If it weren't for the timing, I would have totally gone for more days for the practice - it's so fun!

Frenchy is really patient and obviously passionate about teaching anyone to ride. He tailors the lesson so you get the most out of it and pounds it in your head all the good habits for safe riding. If I was able to learn from him so can anyone else.

1  Thank haejung2013