“Antigua to Lake Atitlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CATours

CATours
Ranked #23 of 51 Tours in Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer you the very best in motorcycle adventures in Guatemala. CATours are now in the final stages of their completion of Tunnel Spar Hotel in Santa Ana, which is less than 2.5 kms from Central PK. This is primarily aimed at single travellers that are looking for a different location that offers safe secure parking for Motorbikes. We also give free advice for repairs and work that may be required. Please call us for any Motorcycle info on 502 78329638.
Guatemala City, Guatemala, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Antigua to Lake Atitlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I never rode a bike before two weeks before my trip to Lake Atitlan with CATours. I took the two beginner classes with one of the guides and the following weekend rode to the Lake with three friends and the owner. Really glad that I took the beginner classes. This is a great group of guides who make the whole experience fun--you learn about the bikes, about the landscape, and our guide gave us confidence the whole time. It was just plain fun. Dave even showed us around Panajachel a bit when we got to the Lake. Looking forward to when my wife lets me do it again!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank 213TomD

Antigua, Guatemala
“CATours- Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I moved to Antigua to learn Spanish and at last I finally lived in a location that made riding a motorcycle practical, if not the preferred method of transportation. It had been many many years since the last time I have been on a bike so I took both the shorter 4 hour lesson one weekend and the longer lesson that took us off a quiet street and around and though Antigua the next. Dave, my instructor, was fun, easy going, and a great teacher giving me the foundation necessary to feel confident riding on the mean streets of Antigua as well as turning me on to a place to get some killer fried chicken. Also, Chris was very helpful and knowledgeable with my questions about the logistics of buying a motorcycle in Guatemala. He even went out of his way to try to help me find a clean used bike that was for sale. The guys at CATours are great, if you ever wanted to learn to ride but never really had the opportunity, this is it. I am very much looking forward to going on some of their tours in the very near future.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank NotSuchAnEvilBunny

Glendale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience with CATours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you ever wanted to learn how to ride a bike or take amazing motorcycle tours in Guatemala, CATours is the place to do it. Chris and his crew were super friendly, patient, professional, and helpful. I learned how to ride a bike for the first time with 4 of my buddies and we all had a blast. These guys know what they're doing and were great to deal with. They also gave us alot of pointers on what to check out and where to grab some great local cheap eats in Antigua. Thanks again fellas. Hope to return some day soon!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Shamroze K

Waterford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great ride, CATours update your advertising!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

PROS: Dave was great, it was a nice change to talk english to somebody since my spanish is still very minimal. We did the village tour, my wife and I doubled on one bike and Dave was our guide. The tour cost $150us funds for the two of us. The sights were great and Dave had a lot of knowledge about the villages we went through. Thanks Dave for a great day.

CONS: Later on that week we noticed in a recent tour guide, on the net and on CATours walls that they advertised motorbike rentals. When we went in to rent the bike we were informed nonchalantly that they didn't rent bikes anymore. It was very disappointing because we had already planned our day. Their website still shows they rent bikes, so it seems a bit unprofessional.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Joejoe77

New Vernon, New Jersey
“ca tours, village tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

the guys at ca tours were honest and to their word. The rental policies were realistic and fair as were the fees for the experience provided. the bikes were quality bikes, in great shape and running well. The feeling was relaxed not hurried. the guide learned the clients skill level and adapted accordingly so that the best time could be had without making the experience too easy or too difficult. it was a great experience and i would recommend their company and tours to anyone. give Chris or Dave a call and have fun while in Antigua. Jeff F

Visited August 2012