“A unique, creative, and memorable meal in a fun space!”
Review of Sobremesa

Sobremesa
Ranked #26 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: We believe in serving you dishes that more than just delicious, they are something you've never had before and will never have anywhere else. They are new, original, and out of the ordinary because, as an art gallery restaurant, we want you to enjoy not just art that you can see and hear, but taste as well. Please note that we open at 1pm and close at 9pm on Mondays. #algodiferente #sobremesa
Boston
“A unique, creative, and memorable meal in a fun space!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited Sobremesa for lunch and returned the next evening for dinner. It's a snazzy little spot and there is an interesting menu! It's a perfect spot for those who like to try new things. We had the Caprese salad with basil ice cream both times. If we stayed longer in Antigua, we would go again. The limonada with basil syrup is divine. We also went to the ice cream shop a bunch of times. The flavors- peanut butter curry, apple chipotle, fig rose, to name a few- are to die for. What a terrific find. I miss it there already. We will definitely return to Antigua and to Sobremesa.

• Visited July 2013
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you! I'm really glad you liked it, and I'm sorry I wasn't there when you came back for dinner. I had to be at a wedding. It's a shame you're gone, I thought what you said about that Eastern European bill-switch was hilarious!

• Korean first
Minneapolis
“Excellent pizza and ice cream.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't get here until our very last night in Antigua. I can only comment on the Sobremesa pizza which is delicious! The crust is thin and crisp, the toppings top quality and generous the price reasonable ~ $12 for the pizza and ~ $5 for a glass of wine. The setting is lovely with local art gallery on the walls and a big open door to watch the action on the street. If we had stayed in town longer I would definitely have come back to try more things on the menu.

We did get to the Sombremesa Ice Cream Shop twice - delicious! Pistachio Brown and Apple Pie Ice cream are both terrific and the other flavors all sound interesting. It could easily become a daily stop.

• Visited June 2013
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes, it's a shame we didn't meet you until your last night. You were very pleasant to serve and you're welcome back any time.
Pineville, Louisiana
“Great Restaurant, Central Location”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our meal at Sobremesa was one of the most enjoyable that we had while in Antigua. The presentation and quality of the food met my expectations just knowing that Alex, the owner was an artist and author. We were not disappointed! He will make you feel comfortable, at home and very welcome! We appreciated all aspects of this delightful owner's creativity. Excellent thin crust pizza!

Visited June 2013
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
You are too kind, thank you very much!
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing pizza! Not to be missed”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I went with my brother, sister and a friend and I loved this place. Our friend recommended a pizza not on the menu with this amazing pepper and cheese mix and it was possibly one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten.
Alex the owner was lovely, so friendly and chatty and an amazing cook.
For dessert we had pumpkin cheesecake with spiced apple and a brandy sauce. It was awesome.
If I'm ever back in Antiqua, which I hope I one day will be, ill be back.

• Visited May 2013
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you very much, and we hope to see you again!
“Excellent food, average prices on trip advisor should be updated.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a delicious meal here. The service was fantastic and the owner was very friendly. The restaurant had a lovely warm atmosphere! Expect to pay more than what trip advisor has indicated if you are buying a main dish each and maybe a few drinks - but you get what you pay for and the food was excellent. Thank you.

• Visited June 2013
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you very much! I'm so glad you liked it. On the subject of pricing, our prices are average in comparison to our competition. For example, a soda costs half as much as it does in several of the places just up the street. Our dishes have much more food and a lower price. And we are in the corner of Central Park so our rent is significantly higher. And unlike some of our competition, all of the prices are there on the menu for you to see before ordering. Again, thank you very much for the review and I'm happy you enjoyed your meal!