“Best sandwich I have ever eaten!”
Review of Sobremesa

Sobremesa
Ranked #23 of 377 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: We believe in serving you dishes that more than just delicious, they are something you've never had before and will never have anywhere else. They are new, original, and out of the ordinary because, as an art gallery restaurant, we want you to enjoy not just art that you can see and hear, but taste as well. #algodiferente #sobremesa
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ate here for lunch with 5 friends. Best food we have had in Guatemala and definitely the best croque madam I have ever eaten (even in all of Europe). This is a must-stop restaurant when you are in Antigua. The ice cream is also to die for. Cannot go wrong here.

1  Thank MC038
IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so much!

There are newer reviews for Sobremesa

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Sobremesa. The food definitely hit the spot after a long day of walking around the city. The location is unbeatable as well, just steps from the Parque Central. The owner is VERY friendly and is willing to explain the menu as well as entertain you throughout your meal. The pizza was delicious, I'd recommend it.

1  Thank tommydphoto

Thank you! I'm giving some thought to being less friendly, though, for variety's sake. Some days I think I'll be a sourpuss...or maybe a curmudgeon. Other days I'll be affectedly aloof. Maybe on Tuesdays.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great food, cozy atmosphere and excellent service. I couldn't help but purchase a beautiful small painting while we were there. This is not a place to miss in your travels!

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal and I am happy that painting has gone to a good home.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped by this place for a quick lunch. My stomach was feeling a bit queasy all morning, so I needed something that would settle it. I opted for the Clasico Pizza and it hit the spot. Not too greasy. Tasted home-made. The space was nice and the owner was friendly. I would recommend the food and would probably go back there again, but I must admit that the artwork creeped me out a bit.

IcookUnicorns, Owner at Sobremesa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Do you ever think about what the consequences of your review might be? Do you ever think, even though the pizza "hit the spot" and "the space was nice and the owner was friendly" I'm going to single-handedly drive away all possible Tripadvisor traffic with a small remark like "the artwork creeped me out a bit"? Was there anything on the walls by HR Giger or Damien Hirst? No. There's a painting of Jesus looking down on Jerusalem. There are a handful of tasteful nudes. There are some portraits of Mayans. Some flowers. And a man who puts his heart and soul into his business every day of his life, and with a careless remark you have just given people a reason to never set foot in my place and find out why 95 people rated it Excellent.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Great place for a quick lunch. Pizza was nice and staff were friendly. Spoke with Alex and was glad to hear that our leftovers were given to the homeless as we didn't want to take them. Won't be disappointed

1  Thank anhemp

Thank you, we are glad you liked it! And the woman who ate the rest of your pizza was very happy.