“Best cheesecake ever!”

Sobremesa
Ranked #20 of 387 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: We believe in serving you dishes that more than just delicious, they are something you've never had before and will never have anywhere else. They are new, original, and out of the ordinary because, as an art gallery restaurant, we want you to enjoy not just art that you can see and hear, but taste as well. #algodiferente #sobremesa
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I've had several fantastic meals at Sobremesa. Great wine, fantastic and flavorful mains and desserts. This place is tiny, so definitely reserve a table ahead of time.

2  Thank Constantripper

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Hey guys this place is great. I have never had a bad meal at Sobremesa but my favorite sandwich is the Steak Sandwich! It is great. But if you like steak you should try the Unicorn Steak!

3  Thank mapybf
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I luv it!!!!! The lomito sandwich is the best i have Ever tried!!!!!! And the pistacho icecream woooww i have no words to describe it, really yummie!!!! The owner Alex is really outgoing and he is the special ingredient of the restaurant!!!! He makes your meso with the heart and that is the secret!!!!! I highly reccommend it!!!!!!

2  Thank sofiasm86
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My partner and I have eaten in all of the top ten restaurant/bars we saw on this website, and Sobremesa was not only the most fun place to be, the food was exceptional. Every place we eat, the food is the same, only different variations or quality of a standard menu. This place had food we never even hear of, and it was quite good. I ate unicorn and was very pleased. It was the first time I had a properly rare steak in central america. My partner had giraffe and I tried it. I'm glad the jalapeno was not spicy because i don't like spicy food. This was very tasty and creative. We bought a painting and one of the owner's books also. My partner is reading it and annoys me by laughing out loud all the time and telling me i have to read it myself instead of just reading that part to me. The entire time on the plane was like that. We have Alex's email and might open a Sobremesa in Orleans if he gives us the recipes. Look for us there on this website in one year ;)

2  Thank Frenchy061
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Very intimate restaurant in a small art gallery with a great, fun atmosphere. We ordered the tapas sampler, the stuffed steak and the "giraffe" in a cream jalapeno sauce. The sampler was good (especially the marinated mushrooms and the chorizo) and came with 3 dipping sauces. The stuffed sirloin was fantastic. I ordered it medium rare, and although 85% of it was cooked perfectly there was a bit that was a bit too rare. We also felt that the jalapeno sauce could've been thicker and much spicier. however the fried bananas were very tasty twist on this dish.

The cheesecake with red wine reduction is absolutely out of this world!!! save room!!

The next visit to Antigua will contain a trip back to Sobremesa without a doubt.

1  Thank bleggg