“Night to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sobremesa

Sobremesa
Ranked #25 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Healthy, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We believe in serving you dishes that more than just delicious, they are something you've never had before and will never have anywhere else. They are new, original, and out of the ordinary because, as an art gallery restaurant, we want you to enjoy not just art that you can see and hear, but taste as well. Please note that we open at 1pm and close at 9pm on Mondays. #algodiferente #sobremesa
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stumbled upon Alex's restaurant by accident (my fiance and I thought it was a art gallery). The food was incredible but what was most memorable was the conversations with the owner. Alex is a remarkable person, an accomplished painter and a great conversationalist. We let Alex choose our meals and drinks for us and nearly a year later I remember the entire night vividly. The ambiance of the restaurant was romantic and perfect for my "date" with now wife (a picture we took in restaurant is still my wifes facebook profile pic). There was also a person playing guitar whose face lite up when we requested a song. A trip to the live Volcano & Sobremesa are MANDATORY stops on any trip to Antigua (if short on time then just stop at Sobremesa).

• Visited June 2010
1 Thank nlm217

• Korean first
Rolla, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is succulent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have eaten at Sobremesa a number of times and never had anything bad! If I had a big lunch then my favorite thing to do is go have a piece of the cheesecake for dinner. My favorite dinner was the Madam Croque sandwich with the Unicorn Steak a close second. This restaurant is one of the things I miss most about Antigua!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Lrgimpy67
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Amazing Chicken...oops, Giraffe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Alex brought lunch to my group of women executives during our weekend in Antigua and it was the most amazing meal we had. The star of the afternoon was the "Giraffe" Fillet in a Cream of Jalapeno sauce with Fried Bananas, accompanied by new potatoes, haricot vert with almonds, carrots and zucchini. The sauce was only mildly spicy, producing a pleasant tingle on the tongue instead of a panicky dive for the nearest water glass. We'll be back for more next year!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank LeadingWomen
Copenhagen, Denmark
“So much more than just food to keep you going”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Food is good, coffee was the best in town (including Café Condesa), cheese cake was delicious and I had to go back for Doubble Secret Confidential ice-cream over and over again. The owner (Alex) made me grin so wide that my jaw hurt on more than one occasion, while still managing to prepare the food and serve the guests most courteously. I had a great time in his gallery/restaurant hybrid, and it was a tragedy that we had to fly home after our honeymoon was over.

What more can one want from a restaurant? Well, maybe food. The food was good too. Especially the Japanese Plum Chicken. Yum.

A word of warning for vegetarians, though: All main courses contain meat.

• Visited October 2010
2 Thank AraelBrighteyes
Rolla, Missouri
“Best night of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stumbled upon Sobremesa because of the art. Then I brought my whole team there the next night. We had a wonderful time, stayed for hours and had delicious food. There were six of us and we ordered about five different things and not one of them was bad. But, the best part was the Cheesecake with Red Wine Reduction...oh, I think I am ruined for all other cheesecakes. Fantastic Restaurant a must see if you are in Antigua.

• Visited January 2011