“American Flavor”
Review of FRIDAS

FRIDAS
Ranked #21 of 399 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Description: PREMIUM MEXICAN with 22 Years In Antigua! Fridas Serving The Best Quality Mexican Food And Tequila and Mezcal Cocktails. Fun Place With A Buzz Located Right At The Iconic Street "calle Del Arco"
Reviewed April 4, 2014

American flavor in the heart of Antigua. Located about a block from the historic Arch. Best looking waitress in Antigua. Food is good, beer is cold. Skull & Crossbones on their T-Shirts...not sure what that is all about?

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I eat at Frida's several times every visit to Antigua. The food is delicious especially the chicken, avocado and crispy tortilla soup. The Gringa platter is another favourite as well as mango chicken. The guacamole is the best I have ever had and everything tastes well washed down with their selection if margaritas. I have recommended Frida's to many a new visitor to Antigua and have always had positive feedback. It's location is within 20m of the Santa Catalina Arch.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I always take a group with me to Frida's as my first stop in Antigua. Never again. Even by Guatemala standards, waiting 2 hours for food was ridiculous. Large groups that came after us got served before our group. It was not worth the wait for such mediocre food--you have a lot of choices in Antigua. Choose another venue to eat unless you are not hungry and don't mind long waits.

magmondra, Propietario at FRIDAS, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I cannot do anything but apologize. I understand its a big loss to have disappointed you and your group. All I can do is try to figure out what happened on the 11th March or around that date.
Indeed so sorry that you had such a terrible experience!.
I am working with new staff at the moment and new chef with good expectations to become better for all our guests. 18 years in the market and we cannot leave our restaurant out of our sight one minute! This is the life of a restauranteur!

Saludos!

Maggie

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Loved the decor, extensive menu and quality of the food!

Service was great. Nachos and burritos were excellent!

Would not hesitate to return because I found good food
at value pricing.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Just finishing my visit to ANtigua with a group of
Americans and Europeans and we chose to eat at Fridas,

The group loved the mexican fare,ambiance and service.

Everyone left happy which helps me when it comes to satisfying
a unique set of needs from a diverse group of people.

We are very, very happy that you had a good experience at our restaurant. Its very nice to hear that we satisfied a diverse group, usually hard to do! Thank you for writing we really appreciate it!

Maggie