“Very Friendly”
Review of FRIDAS

FRIDAS
Ranked #10 of 370 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Adelaide
“Very Friendly”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very friendly staff. Great service and nice snacks. Great guacamole. The staff went out of their way to look after us. Fridas became our meeting place in Antigua.

Visited April 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent specials”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Took a chance and loved it. There are specials on most days when you get two for one. We had 2 for 1 tacos and margueritas. The service was friendly and efficient, and the vibe was lively. The restaurants is well decorated.Would definitely go back.

Visited May 2013
Cleveland Ohio
“Mole like at my own home”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the first place we ate in Antigua with expectations of some good food. The atmosphere is nice, staff friendly, and the theme pretty cool. I ordered the mole and was excited when it came out. Good presentation, good flavor, small portions. I was very hungry and the mole was going down great when I saw a delivery person walk to the door with a box of 6 or so bottles of the same mole pre-made sauce that I buy at my local hispanic market! Still, the meal was good though overpriced. Think your regular tex-mex place at home but in Guatemala on the tourist strip...

• Visited April 2013
“Conveniently located near the Arco”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Antigua. The prices seemed high, unless you order something on the 2 for 1 specials that are different throughout the week. I ordered the chicken mole on our first trip, which was very tasty but the chicken was cut up in tiny pieces and smothered with the sauce, and there was very little chicken. On the second visit, we both ordered the Sopa Tortilla. I was disappointed once again that there was almost no chicken in the broth, and I found the broth to be rather bland. We did enjoy the 2 for 1 margaritas. Pleasant atmosphere and service was very fast during our visits. We ate mid afternoon, so I'm sure this helped with the fast service.

Visited April 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Not bad, but I'm from Texas”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed our lunch at Frida's. We knew we had to adjust our expectations since we came from the home of Tex Mex. The chips were thicker than back home. The salsa was spicy and good. We ordered big bowls of soup and they delivered very tasty, steaming hot bowls with chicken, vegetables and rice. This restaurant looks like a place you'd find in any college town, USA. It feels very familiar and comfortable to a visiting gringo. We did not find it to be super expensive. We found it to be basic, belly filling, and well located. Right next door is the huge fixed price store for all things souvenir related, Nim Po't.

• Visited March 2013