“Very friendly place - free use of phone to USA or Canada”
Review of Inca Restaurante

Inca Restaurante
Ranked #104 of 399 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stopped in for a late light lunch and enjoyed a quite lull in our weekend exploration of Antigua. Our main reason was we had heard they offered free use of a phone to call back home. Since we were the only patrons at that time we took full advantage of it. The owner visited our table and spoke with us in perfect English and Spanish as we ate. The food was not expensive, but we felt nothing to rave about. It was wholesome and filling, but not really anything unique to bring us back for food. We did go back to have another lunch but our motive was using the free phone on Thanksgiving Day. Worth trying as we haven't really tried anything exotic, just simple salads and small dishes. We will go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter and I were headed to another restaurant for lunch when we passed this one. I decided to try Inca instead and boy am I glad we did. This was the first meal of our trip to Guatemala and it made a great impression. I was a little apprehensive about traveling alone with my 5-year old on this trip. Luis came out and welcomed us and gave us guidance in choosing our meals. This set the tone for our whole trip. The food was great (Aji de gallina for me and a hamburger/fries/soda for my daughter), the restaurant beautiful and the staff excellent. Family friendly with a good kids menu. I recommended the restaurant to our travel planner in Antigua. We brought back two other families from our group for dinner the last night of the trip and they loved it too. We will definitely visit again when we're in Antigua.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A friend had recommended Inca. We almost passed on it because one of our traveling companions was not feeling so great. The kids were very happy with the menu for ninos. The noodles were fabulous. Great food and very friendly staff. The owner was so helpful and welcoming and even offered free phone calls to the US. The best food on our trip!

1  Thank momtosaranc
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were really excited to have Peruvian food in Guatemala- and that was the intention - to have PERUVIAN FOOD - but it was not the case .... Pisco sour was really tiny and in the wrong shaped glass - but I did not really worry about it- we are in a third world country - and it can be difficult for restaurateurs to obtain proper stemware - but it had no taste of pisco!!! It was very limey and sweet but no alcohol. We ordered just appetizers to start - and when they arrived - the traditional ceviche was not really ceviche - I don't really know how you would call that dish in this situation - I love ceviche and I try in every restaurant when I have a chance. It contained regular potato and sweet potato - even on the street by Lake Atitlan in Panajachel I had way better ceviche. The other appetizer - fish tiradito in citrus sauce was too much citrus and sour and not exciting. I think it was defrosted tilapia from Costco/Pricesmart. This is the kicker - I asked for piece of bread b/c the ceviche was too acidic - you can't possibly enjoy eating it on it's own - and they brought us 2 slices of BIMBO bread!!!!!! - and they charged us $1 for it!!!!!!! It's just really disappointing and pathetic. Even local tortilla bread would have done better. But not in Inca!!! I'm not sure if the owner of this Peruvian restaurant has ever have been to Peru or really have any knowledge of what Peruvian food should be - even close...

1  Thank EAR225
Reviewed March 10, 2013

First we had the best Margaritas of the trip here. Really! I chose 8 of the appetizers for the table and each was fun and quite good to really delicious. Everyone was hesitant to try the raw fish in citrous sauce (not quite a ceviche), and it was one of the highlights! All of us decided the appetizers were more delicious than the entrees.