“A peaceful little lunch escape” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabe Rico

Sabe Rico
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Antigua
Cuisines: International, Guatemalan, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Tradicional Colonial House with a beautiful garden, orange trees, herb garden, you can eat outside of the Garden- Restaurante whips up tasty salads and sandwiches, using ingredients from its herb garden, as well as offering fresh-baked breads and brownies. It also sells fine wines and imported foods. Eat in one of the various salons or have a picnic.
London, United Kingdom
“A peaceful little lunch escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ended up coming here 3 times on our trip, loved the wholesome food and the garden was so relaxing. It was a little more expensive than other places on our backpacker budget but it was really enjoyable to know you're going to get something really delicious served up, so I'd highly recommend it if you're in the area.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Surprise, Arizona
“Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I often stay at a posada located directly opposite Sabe Rico. That is how I became aware of this fairly new restaurant. However, despite passing it on a daily basis, I never took it upon myself to investigate, until one day when I wanted to get some freshly-baked bread and I noticed their attractive showcase at the entrance. The place gives the initial impression of being a delicatessen, which it happens to be, but only in part. If one walks further back, a narrow passage gives way to a large garden area with tables sprinkled about, some in rather secluded settings. Perusing the menu, I decided to come back with a friend for lunch. So glad I did. The organic food was delicious, ditto the licuados. Served up by friendly, knowledgable staff. A great place to come for a leisurely lunch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Best liquid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Seven of us stopped in for lunch. It's worth making a reservation for a larger group. My liquid, watermelon, ginger and lemon, could NOT be beat. The quinoa salad was good too, as was the hummus sandwich. The outdoor patio setting was delightful. Service was a little slow, which happens a lot in Guatemala, so no problem. The restaurant is well-located near the Artisan Market. Go shop and negotiate your heart out, then stop by here for a relaxed lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Keene, New York
“Lovely place with extensive menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch and it was heavenly. We ordered lemonade with soda and it was a glass of soda with a large scoop of lemon sorbet in it. Very refreshing on a hot day. I ordered a crab cake sandwich which I liked very much. Go all the way back to the lovely courtyard with beautiful caged birds.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Organic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

During my trip to Antigua, we ate at this restaurant several times. After our first experience with salads, we decided that a second visit was warranted to discover their entree menu. We were not disappointed by their wonderful assortment of foods. Their desserts were exquisite although highly caloric and only could be shared with a friend. A wonderful experience!

• Visited February 2013