“Ambience”

Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Antigua
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For people looking for an authentic, healthy experience, saberico is the natural, soul-satisfying option among all restaurants and food purveyors because of its innovative and healthful offerings, magical and soothing atmosphere, and saberico flavors that create overall well-being.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I often stay at a posada located directly opposite Sabe Rico. That is how I became aware of this fairly new restaurant. However, despite passing it on a daily basis, I never took it upon myself to investigate, until one day when I wanted to get some freshly-baked bread and I noticed their attractive showcase at the entrance. The place gives the initial impression of being a delicatessen, which it happens to be, but only in part. If one walks further back, a narrow passage gives way to a large garden area with tables sprinkled about, some in rather secluded settings. Perusing the menu, I decided to come back with a friend for lunch. So glad I did. The organic food was delicious, ditto the licuados. Served up by friendly, knowledgable staff. A great place to come for a leisurely lunch.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Seven of us stopped in for lunch. It's worth making a reservation for a larger group. My liquid, watermelon, ginger and lemon, could NOT be beat. The quinoa salad was good too, as was the hummus sandwich. The outdoor patio setting was delightful. Service was a little slow, which happens a lot in Guatemala, so no problem. The restaurant is well-located near the Artisan Market. Go shop and negotiate your heart out, then stop by here for a relaxed lunch.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went here for lunch and it was heavenly. We ordered lemonade with soda and it was a glass of soda with a large scoop of lemon sorbet in it. Very refreshing on a hot day. I ordered a crab cake sandwich which I liked very much. Go all the way back to the lovely courtyard with beautiful caged birds.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

During my trip to Antigua, we ate at this restaurant several times. After our first experience with salads, we decided that a second visit was warranted to discover their entree menu. We were not disappointed by their wonderful assortment of foods. Their desserts were exquisite although highly caloric and only could be shared with a friend. A wonderful experience!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Cozy place selling incredible chocolates, deli items for take-out, organic produce, featuring a wonderful restaurant tucked in a lovely setting of trees, plants and rocks. My favorite is their carrot/broccoli soup. . .and of course their chocolate cookie sandwich stuffed with peanut butter!