“What a surprising find!”
Review of Saberico

Saberico
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Antigua
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For people looking for an authentic, healthy experience, saberico is the natural, soul-satisfying option among all restaurants and food purveyors because of its innovative and healthful offerings, magical and soothing atmosphere, and saberico flavors that create overall well-being.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place looked like a hole in the wall - it was huge, but didn't feel like it because there were many discreet outdoor places at which to sit. Food was divine! (Truth be told, my kids weren't so thrilled - but I LOVED it :-)

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I ate here for the first time today for lunch and I wish I had found it earlier as unfortunately I am leaving tomorrow! The restaurant is in a very beautiful and peaceful garden setting.

I had the antipasto platter which was delicious, I couldn't finish it as it was quite a lot of food (not complaining!). The hibiscus and red wine frozen cocktail was Amazing, I think this is my new favourite beverage :)

I bought a truffle to take away, and it was so delicious that I went back this evening for two more and as I sit here writing this review with chocolate on my face I am wishing I bought more...

I also bought some cookies to take away for my long trip tomorrow, they look delicious!

This would have to be the best food I have had in Guatemala and I have been travelling here for 8 weeks now! Yum.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We had our first meal at Sabe Rico. The interior is gorgeous - lots of trees, plants, colorful indigenous table cloths, etc. The owner lived and worked in the U.S. for most of his life so he speaks perfect English. He's very warm, friendly and makes you feel right at home. We were too early for the live music but we heard it was great from several people (I think it gets started around 9-10 pm). Look forward to checking that out the next time we are in Antigua.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I are vegetarians and I am also gluten free. We were in Antigua for three days and ate here three times! They understand gluten free. The wait staff were very friendly and patient with our requests. I even went and talked to the cooks in the kitchen and they were super...smiling and saying they would take care of me. The food is delicious and all the veggies come from a local organic farm (which you can visit). The setting is wonderful...outdoor sitting surrounded by lush gardens and birds...in cages and out. Veggies and gourmet artisanal chocolates are also on sale in their little grocery, as are bakery items. It is a popular place with the locals to stop and get a coffee and snack.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Intimate setting in a garden with lots of private tables and lovebirds and parakeets in cages scattered throughout. I have eaten here about four times and have never had a bad meal. The most recent time, I had chicken soup in a spicy broth and shared a pizza - both excellent. They also have great smoothies and wheat grass (if you're into that sort of thing).