“Such a Worthwhile Bar and Dining Experience!”
Review of Cafe Sky

Cafe Sky
Ranked #13 of 387 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Sky is THE place to be at dusk in Antigua. Climb the tight winding staircase to the upper terrace and you can watch the sun go down over the town with a 360 degree view of the surrounding mountains and volcanoes. The bar underneath, with a covered roof but open sides, is also a nice place to relax with very comfortable seats, subtle lighting and a view towards Iglesia San Francisco and Volcan de Agua. The staff are attentive and there is an extensive menu (including all-day breakfast). They also have possibly the best cocktail drinks in town.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Please do yourself a favor and check out this incredible bar/restaurant with three different levels! My husband and I ended up going back several times over our six week stay with friends to enjoy:
1. the top terrace level... the best and most incredible view of the volcanoes to be seen anywhere in Antigua and an amazing sunset...so lovely!
2. on all levels... fantastic drinks...loved the Gallos as well as other beer choices, wine selections, margaritas, mojitos...etc.
3. yummy nachos, quesadillas and of course many other terrific menu items reflecting Guatemalan and American food choices!
4. excellent, and I mean, excellent service!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Heard about this restaurant through a family member while my visit in Antigua and it was by far the most delicious and relaxing restaurants I would be at during my stay. The best parts about the restaurant were A: The incredibly fast service, I don't know what the owners are doing to motivate the servers or where they found them because they really do an outstanding job & B: The delicious home-made juice smoothies & drinks, incredibly refreshing and tasty and the traditional Guatemalan dishes with the addition of some delicious american food cuisine style (Which was nice after 2-weeks of local food which wasn't bad either)

What topped off the restaurants already excellent well-earned reputation for me was one of the owners I met Tom. He greeted multiple tables and helped serve ours and helped clean up, & he seemed like he really loved what he was doing.

If you are in Antigua, and you are contemplating on where to go eat tonight... look no further Cafe Sky is your answer.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We wound our way to the terrace and were happy with the
panoramic view of the town. It took about 5 minutes to get
a table because it was very busy at sunset.

When we got our table the service was prompt and friendly.
We had Margaritas which were delicious and shared a plate
of nachos for two and a quesadilla. Both were excellent.

We also wnjoyed talking to the local clients who gave us
some excellent advise on things to see and do.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

During high season I am a tour guide and my clients are
from mostly Europe but also from the USA. We are just
finishing up another tour in Guatemala and I always bring
my group to Cafe Sky because of their service, huge menu
selection, prices and venue.

Once again my group was very happy which takes pressure
off of me as I try to keep everyone happy. The group ate
local food like Gallo Pinto but also selected the interantional
dishes like shishkebabs of beef and shrimp.

Everyone thoroughly enjoed themselves.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We arrived just before sunset and found a cozy seat near the bar on the roof. Our hustling server came quickly. My wife and I enjoyed a slightly weak margarita and a beer before our absolutely delicious enchiladas and quesadillas came. The sun set quickly and afterward it became rather chilly but we remained up top. Overall, a nice evening out.