Hotel Casa del Parque
  • Pool
San Rafael Hotel(Antigua)
Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral parkswimming pool and saunaextremely loud musiclocal stylenice poolgreat view of volcanobeautiful hotelinterior roomthe upper levelperfect locationlate at nightclean hotelthe main squareroom was largebreakfast buffetwonderful staytop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I enjoyed my stay. My room was good and it was great having wifi in the room, not just a lobby or restaurant as happens in many hotels. My laptop is larger and not having to lug it around is great. I know get a tablet. Having the pool is great. It is one of my main criteria for picking a hotel. Staff was great. A few of them spoke fair English which is good because my Spanish is not. For now.

Room Tip: Most people like being on the second floor. Perhaps I will try it next time. I had no problem being on the ground floor. No stairs is good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a great stay and were very happy with the staff and hotel. We choose this hotel based on location + price. We wanted to be closed the Central Park and feel safe walking to and from restaurants at night -- breakfast and coffee were very basic, but what we expected for the price and reviews. Staff was super nice and did a great job arranging our volcano trip and transportation for us. Also, we could here the music from club next door two nights we were there, but had taken ear plugs based on reviews, and it was not an issue for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank baylorbrooke
Reviewed January 11, 2014

is very good location, clean and spacious rooms ,the staff is helpful, street noise is high,because we stay in the nice room but is in the corner ,and another we hear the tv all nigth from another room, breakfast is poor. swimming pool is great and the sauna, coffee and te is free all day and nigth

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked in this hotel because it's very well located and the photographs show a nice little hotel. Unfortunately their customer service is terrible, they charge you so many extra things, they rooms are not what they show, the hotel it's very noisy, the beds and linen are old and dirty. They change the rate after I did my down payment, they charge me extra 10% for using credit card and the over all attention was very poor. It's good that it has a swimming pool, it's very well located and some of the staff try to be helpful, but be careful, they will try to get any extra dollar from your pocket.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
mexicohicks1, Owner at Hotel Casa del Parque, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

This guest stayed at our hotel for the last few days of the year. For New Years, Antigua (like most other cities) throws parties with loud music and fireworks. All hotels in Antigua have noise problems during this time of year and there was nothing that we could have done to make the hotel less noisy. If there was a way for us to resolve this problem we would, but unfortunately there was nothing we could have done.
In regards to the complaint about the price, this guest had reserved on a third party reservation site. The guest later had a friend call the hotel to find out our prices and when we gave the friend a lower price the guest felt like he was being cheated. We explained to the guest that the third party site add their 15% commission to our prices so what the hotel received was less then the price we had given the friend. Even though we explained this, the guest still was not happy.
On the third party site the guest used it very clearly states that for all payments with a credit or debit card there is a 10% surcharge. In Antigua, there is only one credit card merchant which has very high fees because it has no competition. Some businesses in Antigua simply add the fees to their prices regardless of whether you pay with cash or credit card. We prefer to keep our prices without the fees added so that people paying with cash are not required to pay unnecessary fees.
We do appreciate all reviews and we are very sorry that this guest found our hotel lacking.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here twice on our trip to Guatemala. The rooms were big and clean, breakfast was good and all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
My only negative comment on the stay is the walls seemed to be every thin so we could hear the people in the rooms next to us (TV, talking etc), my advice would be to take earplugs. The ladies on reception were great, extremely helpful in booking trips, travel and our onward accommodation. If I ever went back to Guatemala, I would happily stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends