Hotel Casa del Parque
  • Pool
San Rafael Hotel(Antigua)
Aurora Hotel(Antigua)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral parkswimming pool and saunaextremely loud musiclocal stylenice poolgreat view of volcanobeautiful hotelinterior roomthe upper levelperfect locationlate at nightclean hotelthe main squareroom was largebreakfast buffetwonderful staytop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nites in February 2013. Looking for a hotel with a pool etc as we needed a break from the budget hotel regime. Website says hottub, pool and sauna. Well the sauna has a broken door and it looks like its used for storage. The hot tub water level was low and covered by a plastic tarp. It looked dirty and needed cleaning. The pool was nice but the tiles need cleaning. Lounge chairs around pool look like they are ready to fall apart. Our room was nice but again the sink looked like it had not been properly cleaned (stained badly) for a long time and it was noisy. There is 3 bars, altogether, 2 doors down. The constant thump of the music could be heard all the time so we simply turned on the fan full blast to drown out the noise. For the money ($90/nite) it's definitely overpriced. Someone must have complained about the hot tub because on our last day we saw them drain it and scrub it. Change your website to protray accurately what amenities you have. Great staff though!

Room Tip: Get a room AWAY from the bars which are (when facing the hotel) on your right. Don't get a second level room as I don't think it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marian H
Reviewed February 28, 2013

What more can you ask for? A lot more and we got it. We were on the streets looking for a hotel that was the right price, clean and offered a courtyard, a pool and breakfast. We found it and more at Hotel Casa del Parque. 1/2 block from the central park, a majestic cathedral and everything we could ask for in convenience and the perfect tourist experience.

Staff was responsive, smiling, helpful and service oriented. They even exchanged the breakfast we would miss due to a middle of the night departure for sack lunches for all four of us!

We swam in the pool, sunbathed and hit the hot tub twice. Staff came to us while we were in the hot tub asking if the temperature was OK and would we like the jets a little higher.

We even got extra towels delivered with big smiles. House cleaning was fast and efficient.

Rooms were quaint, spacious and each one was unique. Beds were comfortable and they knew we would need the warm blankets on our beds for later. Showers were hot and worked fine.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They will show you the vacant room if you ask them to. Street front suites are roomy. Windows have wooden shutters to keep the street noise way down.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pamela C
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A mixup in our reservation did not get us off on the right foot. They more than made up for it and we enjoyed our stay here immensly. It was only 1/2 block away from the main square and close to so much shopping and dining. Our room was excellent. Very comfortable beds, nice hot showers and an incredible view. Breakfast was tasty and adequate. Everyone was always friendly and helpful. We would stay here again and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: 2nd floor volcano view is spectacular!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location was perfect – closest to La Antigua’s Central Parque. The facility is well maintained and has a very satisfying old-colonial appeal, with beautiful gardens, and a friendly staff. They were hard workers and were really trying to make our stay pleasant and comfortable -- good people. The reception staff is bilingual (Evi has a very good grasp of communicating and could work her way into other positions in international business environments.)
The staff did not know how to work the pumps and aeration system for the swimming pool and hot tub. After two days, the water began turning green and slime was forming in the corners of the pool. The pool/tub tiles need cleaning. The hot tub did not have sufficient water levels and some of the parts should be replaced to perform their job. Websites offering pool and tub/sauna as an amenity should be available for the whole day, be clean, and operating correctly throughout the whole stay – that was one of the amenities I looked for (and paid for) in staying in hotels in the area. With only 15 rooms, I felt this facility was priced high compared to other comparable locations I found along my touring. Still, I was satisfied that I was able to make my trip enjoyable and found the people of La Antigua very friendly and inviting.

Room Tip: Room next to kitchen is noisy. Upper rooms appear more sun but will be hotter (no A/C at location). Check room for bugs -- I have bites all over my bod.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'll break down the review in different parts so it's helpful for those people seeking detailed info:
-Location: couldn't bee closer to the action, is half block from the center park were on the weekends Antigua has some activities, and well positioned in the middle of restaurants and shops, you couldn't pick a more centered spot to stay. One block from ATM's, Citibank, cafeteria (Starbucks style) and a lot of restaurants that explode the Guatemalan cuisine and found some thai, itallian, mexican, etc...
- Food: well, for the breakfast they charge $5 USD (40 quetzales), and includes scrambled eggs, beans, fried bananas and sausages, plus orange juice (not fresh made) and coffee, while this could sound like a good deal, once you start walking around you'll find formal restaurants with the same deal and less price! 25 quetzales (3 USD). I just say that breakfast is not one of the strong sides of this place.
- Attention: to be fair I have to say that this is one of the strongest sides of all Antigua, and the personnel on this hotel is not different, 1st class! available at all moment, wanting to help you in all your needs, lovely!
- Rooms: clean, rustic style (wood), big, hard bed, shower with decent water pressure. On the noise since I've seen many comments I wanted to be clear on this, there is indeed in the hotel next door a bar that is most of the time crowded (because it's really good ambient, mostly foreigners), I couldn't hear them probably because I picked a room in the opposite side so I think this part can be controlled depending if you are clear with the front desk and ask them to place you far (entering to the hotel all rooms on the left will match this). The room doors are not thick so yes if there is people walking you could hear some noises, the hotel wasn't crowded so it was not a problem for my or my 4 yr daughter, not enough to keep us awake, I think because it was low season.
Pool: it does has a pool, because of the cold weather we decided not to use it but seems that during summer it can be fun for the kids.
Conclusion: Good hotel to stay, in the middle of the action, about the comments on the noisy rooms I have to say that this can be solved depending on the room location, would be unfair to catalog this hotel as noisy overall for this detail.
I'm raiting kids activities and fitness center as poor because there are non, not because it was bad.

Room Tip: Ask them to give you a room on the left area, don't pick the right because this would be closer to the hotel next door were the bar is located.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family