I'll break down the review in different parts so it's helpful for those people seeking detailed info:
-Location: couldn't bee closer to the action, is half block from the center park were on the weekends Antigua has some activities, and well positioned in the middle of restaurants and shops, you couldn't pick a more centered spot to stay. One block from ATM's, Citibank, cafeteria (Starbucks style) and a lot of restaurants that explode the Guatemalan cuisine and found some thai, itallian, mexican, etc...
- Food: well, for the breakfast they charge $5 USD (40 quetzales), and includes scrambled eggs, beans, fried bananas and sausages, plus orange juice (not fresh made) and coffee, while this could sound like a good deal, once you start walking around you'll find formal restaurants with the same deal and less price! 25 quetzales (3 USD). I just say that breakfast is not one of the strong sides of this place.
- Attention: to be fair I have to say that this is one of the strongest sides of all Antigua, and the personnel on this hotel is not different, 1st class! available at all moment, wanting to help you in all your needs, lovely!
- Rooms: clean, rustic style (wood), big, hard bed, shower with decent water pressure. On the noise since I've seen many comments I wanted to be clear on this, there is indeed in the hotel next door a bar that is most of the time crowded (because it's really good ambient, mostly foreigners), I couldn't hear them probably because I picked a room in the opposite side so I think this part can be controlled depending if you are clear with the front desk and ask them to place you far (entering to the hotel all rooms on the left will match this). The room doors are not thick so yes if there is people walking you could hear some noises, the hotel wasn't crowded so it was not a problem for my or my 4 yr daughter, not enough to keep us awake, I think because it was low season.
Pool: it does has a pool, because of the cold weather we decided not to use it but seems that during summer it can be fun for the kids.
Conclusion: Good hotel to stay, in the middle of the action, about the comments on the noisy rooms I have to say that this can be solved depending on the room location, would be unfair to catalog this hotel as noisy overall for this detail.
I'm raiting kids activities and fitness center as poor because there are non, not because it was bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful 4-star hotel, with 5-star service, in the beautiful colonial city of Antigua Guatemala, only a few steps from central park in a very safe and tranquil location, which ensures your stay will be comfortable and enjoyable. Close to all the historical sites. We offer 15 rooms w/bath, cable TV, free fast WI-FI & free internet computer for guest use, breakfast buffet offered, heated swimming pool, sauna, travel agency, travel services & a helpful bilingual staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Casa del Parque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.