“New friends in the restaurant bussiness”
Review of La Pena de Sol Latino - CLOSED

La Pena de Sol Latino
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Bill and Mary, I thank you for a wonderful evening in La Pena de Sol. I can not say enough about the whole experience, the food, the entertainment, the ambiance and especially you Bill and Mary for your hospitality.

1  Thank PeteK463
There are newer reviews for La Pena de Sol Latino

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Best food, music, atmosphere, Margaritas, and desserts. Meet Bill and Mary the owners, listen to the fun Andian music, and be sure to buy a little something from 12 year old Felipe, who stands around very unintrusively, as we did.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We love La Pena. My 9 year old son and I had an amazing time taking their cooking class making super delicious Pepian and Chile Rellenos. We;ve been back to dine twice already -- the food is fabulous, the music is wonderful, and the people/staff treat you like family. The manager, Mayo (sp?) and the owners Bill and Mary will make sure you are well taken care of. They even drove us back to our casa one night. All of our dinners have been yummy. The latin folk/jazz music on monday nights had us bopping and dancing. My son says "they have such a sparkling attitude!" From the mouths of babes . . .

1  Thank soniarosen1
eatrealbutter, Owner at La Pena de Sol Latino, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for the great review. If, as your son says we have a "sparkling attitude" it is because of "sparkling guests" like him!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We very much enjoyed the music and the food is good, especially the Thai salad! They also serve Moza beer which is pretty much the best beer you can get here! What I want to review more, though, is their periodic cooking class. I was able to attend today and it is a must do here in Antigua! Mariela, the cooking teacher, is an amazing cook. We learned how to make typical Guatemalan dishes and then we get to enjoy them! After, we visited the market with the manager, Mayu(speling?) for tips on what to buy. They change the menu every time. Attend a class for sure while visiting. It was a highlight for me. I also met some great new people in the class.

1  Thank Antioquia24
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our group ate here twice in one week. The atmosphere is casual and fun. Live music is a plus. If you can come on the night the owner is playing drums, you are in for a treat. I had the black bean veggie burger on one night and the nachos the second night. Their guacamole is delicious! The highlight for me was the blended ice coconut lemonade- a house specialty. It tasted like key lime pie in a glass. I will remember that for a long time to come!

1  Thank Kathy M