“Not up to the reviews”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Not up to the reviews”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went to Panza Verde because we heard it was one
of the top five restaurants in Antigua.

We were sadly disappointed.

The service was slow at best.

The appetizers were good. We had escargot and a salad.

Our main dishes took an extraordinary amount of time to
arrive and then the food was barely hot. I suspect if the
food had arrived when it was hot the taste would have
been better.

We had a steak and the tuna. Both looked great but....
sauces were bland.

Maybe we will try it again in the future.

• Visited July 2013
mesonpanzaverde, Marketing at Meson Panza Verde, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We appreciate your comments.

Our goal is always to provide great service and amazing food.

Please let us know if you decide to come again.

Los Angeles, California
“Exceptional food and service.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I live in Chicago, Los Angeles and Antigua. When I am in Antigua, I regularly dine at Meson Panza Verde. I have been many times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is absolutely magical. I have always experienced wonderfully attentive service from a staff that is friendly and committed to your having a special evening. There are nights of Cuban Jazz and Spanish Guitars in La Cueva or just a quiet dinner in the beautiful La Sala part of restaurant. I love being able to select 3 very different environments depending on whom I am entertaining. And the best part is that my guests are dazzled and appreciate that we have shared a very special evening. The food is fresh, perfectly prepared with all organic ingredients. After dinner, I love wandering the upper candle lit terraces that overlook Antigua. I wasn't going to write this review but I saw a couple of negative reviews and it made me wonder if we were at the same restaurant. This is a restaurant to enjoy for an entire evening. If you prefer those fast and rushed evenings, go someplace else. I love this place. I enjoy 3 hour dinners with perfect cocktails, wine, food, conversation, music and a staff that wants to transform your evening. I wish I could move an exact copy to Los Angeles.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your great review!

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed so many wonderful and magical evenings with us.

It also means so much to our staff and kitchen to know that their consistently exceptional service and culinary skills are appreciated.

We are looking forward to seeing you here again soon.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best for special occasions”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything from the atmosphere to the food in this place are excellent. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the service is exceptional. The food is great and all the conditions are set for a wonderful experience. It is one of the best options for a special meal in Antigua and Guatemala. The quality if the ingredients is very good as are the wines and liqueurs. It is a bit far from the park but is is definitely worth it. Take your car or a taxi there. Very good place to dine with the family on special occasions, for business meetings or for romantic dinners with your couple. I enjoy it everytime I go. It's in the high end when it comes to prices so it is not recommendable for someone on a tit budget.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jpac87
Thank you so much for your great review!

We are very happy to hear that you have chosen Meson Panza Verde for your special occasions and that you have had such wonderful experiences dining with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you here again soon.
“A dinner to remember...”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding anniversary at Panza Verde...the setting was impossibly beautiful, the food exquisitely presented and flavorful, the music perfect...it was a night we won't soon forget. Thank you to all of the staff for such a wonderful experience!

• Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your great review.

We are so happy that you celebrated your wedding anniversary with us and even happier to hear that it was an exquisite night that you will not forget!

We are looking forward to welcoming you here for future anniversaries too!
Austin, Texas
“Excellente”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant. Friendly, efficient almost formal service. Nice piano and sax player playing jazz standards. Excellent food. I had avocado and shrimp salad, snook meunière, and chocolate mousse. All were outstanding. I sampled my brother in law's tenderloin. It was very good but the snook was a home run. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. Reasonably priced for such quality and service. Nice wine list also reasonably priced. Great dining experience.

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your great review.

We are very happy to hear that you had an excellent dining experience with us - our staff love to know that their exceptional service and skills have been appreciated!

Please come again the next time you are in Antigua!