“Excellent atmosphere!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Excellent atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent service, excellent food, excellent ambiance. Live music complements the whole experience. The garden is extremely well maintained.

• Visited November 2012

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“One the nicest and most romantic dining settings in Antigua!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food overall with intelligent use of ingredients. The setting of a restaurant in a sort of vault with pool next to it and live music Thursdays and Fridays during and after dinner, fantastic Spanish patio with tables around, and terrace on the roof overlooking volcanoes and roof tops and churches if just super romantic.

Visited July 2012
San Salvador
“Best Restaurant in the World”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Well, my world, anyway. I love this place and dine there every time I am in La Antigua. My son and daughter-in-law announced their engagement to us on one of our visits. Often, when the trip is too short, I will have both lunch AND dinner at Panza Verde the same day because the intriguing offerings on the menu make it too difficult for me to decide. What I particularly enjoy are the duck and tuna dishes. The wine list is very good.

Do not visit La Antigua and miss eating at Panza Verde. You've been warned...

• Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Elegant with seamless service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We ate at this restaurant on our final night in Guatemala. It has a beautiful lush courtyard, but we ate upstairs in a private room (we were a group of about 20 people). We lingered on the upper open-air level for drinks and then entered our room for dinner. It was softly lit with rose petals strewn on the white tablecloth. Very beautiful. We had a set 3 course meal with 2 options for every course. The food was more European in style and a welcome change from the predominantly mexican food we had eaten all week. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go there again when we revisit Antigua.

Visited October 2012
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“A little tweaking on the menu wouldn't hurt....”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I first ate at Meson Panza Verde in 1989 and loved it. Now that I've been back in Guatemala for the past five years. We've probably had dinner a couple of dozen times and we have always loved it. We actually invited our entire wedding party to have lunch here the day before out wedding. Always a very good experience. What I would offer (Listen up Bruce!), I think the menu could use a little tweaking. It's been the same for a very long time. A little QC would also go to help as well. I've ordered creme brulee a couple of times and found the bottom of the dessert to be moldy. I can imagine it is not easy being one of the best restaurants in Antigua for such a long period of time but I think the reputation of Meson Panza Verde is worth it....

Visited September 2012