“Cute place, very romantic, food just ok but good value for money”
Review of Welten

Welten
Ranked #49 of 399 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, Italian, Guatemalan, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welten was founded in 1983, earning since then an excellent reputation; not only for our dishes, but also for the personal attention with which they are served. Each area has been carefully decorated in its own distinctive style to sit the mood and taste of each customer. Those who appreciate gourmet cuisine will find that Welten offers the best of both, international and Guatemalan cooking all made to order using the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The place is simply beautiful. I definitely makes a perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner. There are rose petals in the little pool, flowers and lights everywhere. The guy that served us was nice. We went the for luck so was ally nice and quiet. The food was nice and it is definitely a good value for money. They have excellent Italian ice cream - try white chocolate flavour - exquisite.
They have super tasty butter

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Clearly worth it! A treat. Menu good for everyone. Food spectacular and ambience great! Good service.

1  Thank zendejasben
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went here for our last free night in Anitgua and the dinner was outstanding. We were kindly greeted at the door. We were taken through restuarant to our table. As we walked by the different rooms, each room got better. We were taken to this cabana style table by a pool full of rose petals and floating candles. The hostess asked us if we were cold and since we answered yes, she promtly returned with 2 blankets to keep us warm. Service was a bit slow but not slow on the bad side, if that makes sense. The food was great. The ambience was phenomenal and the prices were reasonable. It was a great way to fall even more in love with my date. A superb way to end a great trip. If I return to the Antigua, I will definitely return ti Welten.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The beauty of Antigua are all these little hidden gems that look like nothing from outside, but the inner courtyards are stunning. The decor inside is magical, when I went in for dinner there were the little white lights hanging down from over head, really visually stunning, sadly half way through my meal they were turned off, I was dining in one of the small rooms off to the side. NOTE! I found in general, people eat earlier here than in other Spanish countries. I was the last diner and did not feel rushed in any way. The service and food were impeccable!!! The home made bread is divine along with the flavoured butter they give you, they could have given a bit more bread tho rather than the 4 small pieces. The chicken/turkey coriander soup, yumm, the mushrooms in the cognac sauce with bacon??? WOW, but the main course of the honey roasted chicken.... that! was divine! Sadly no room for dessert. Very reasonable priced wine as well, and they are not skimpy with pouring as they are in North America. I went back the next day and discovered the back courtyard witht he pool and rose petals, it must be stunning at night, sadly I missed the back part when I was there. For a nice romantic dinner, or dining solo, this place comes highly recommended.

1  Thank ChristopherMW
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We chose Welten for our last night farewell dinner in Antigua, and we weren't disappointed. The setting is extraordinary - a colonial mansion filled with fascinating local artefacts, opening out at the far end to the pool, scattered with rose petals and floating candles. Fairy lights and table candles add to the magical atmosphere, but make reading the menu a little difficult, so maybe bring a flashlight! We ordered two delicious homemade soups, chicken medallions with plum sauce, fresh fish fillets in a traditional salsa and homemade ice cream with fresh peach. Attentive service, and reasonably priced Chilean wine ensured our last Antiguan meal was a truly memorable one.