“Good All Around”

Cuisines: Guatemalan
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Three locations to choose from and all are decoraded very nicely.

The service is very attentive.

The food is good overall especially if you want to try some dishes from around
the country. The chicken caldos are very good. So is the pepian.
There are many selctions for vegetarians too!

Prices are good.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We expected more based upon the reviews. The courtyard was nice. The fresh tortillas excellent. The service was very slow. Portions kind of small. Fairly expensive for antigua.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Normally we visit the restaurant Fonda de la Calle Real that is located on 5a avenida norte (close to the Parque Centrale; but this time friends took us to have lunch at the restaurant located around the corner on 4a calle poniente.
It was a great idea, as we found the ambiance much more relaxed and the food and service as good as we expected from past experience at the restaurant on 5a avenida.
Mariachis were playing at lunch time which added to the ambiance, although if you have a seat too close to the entrance it does get difficult to talk over the music.
Many chairs have been labelled with names of famous people who [I think] have visited the restaurant. I sat in Ben Gazzara's chair, as he was a friend of our guests, and acted in a film produced by our guests that was filmed in Antigua.
The most important thing is that the food was great, the service was attentive and the cost was reasonable. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friends and I stopped by for lunch after a walking tour and had a great meal here. I had the chicken pepian and my friends had the vegetarian version. Each of us enjoyed it very much. We went there for lunch a second time because we had such a nice experience. I had a traditional Livingston dish of rice, beans and plantains and it was also delicious. I would strongly recommend.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay and had 2 great meals. I will definitely return the next time I am in Antigua. The food is great and the prices are very reasonable.