“Incredible meat and atmosphere!!!!”
Review of Hector's Bistro

Hector's Bistro
Ranked #3 of 391 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I loved everything in this bistro! The setting of the cafe was wonderful, the staff very friendly, then Hector came and chatted with the visitors. The medallion was soooooo delicious and there also were nice options for wine. The prices are at the medium range but it is really really really worth it! The design of the dishes was like a painting that you just do not want to touch it, and then the food simply melts in your mouth. It is my place to eat meals that I have in town :-).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 8 visited this little bistro on our last night in Antigua. We did not have a reservation when we stopped by at 7:30 on a Saturday night. They were able to accommodate our large group within 45 minutes.... Enough time for cocktails down the street! The bistro has a decent wine list and several meat, game and fish selections. After a week of Guatemalan food and a lot of chicken we all gravitated to the tenderloin and shrimp mains. The special surf and turf was excellent with several large shrimp in a garlic butter sauce And a perfectly cooked fillet of beef in a creme sauce. The tenderloin sandwich also got good reviews as did the beef tenderloin. The roasted tomato and Gouda starter was the appetiser of choice for most of us and was a very generous serving. For dessert Chocolate fondant which was more like a chocolate lave cake was excellent. We also shared both types on creme brûlée which were well received. Service overall was very good although a baileys on the rocks never did arrive with dessert. We all enjoyed our meals here and will definitely return

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner during one of our nights in Antigua this past week. We went on Monday and we got a table right away (We walked in around 9:30). The restaurant is adorable and YES all of the food is amazing!!! They pour very nicely sized glasses of wine. They also had an asparagus soup for a special which was just delicious though I thought my dish, beef bourguignon was just out of this world! It was light and very very tasty!

1  Thank Carolina R
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was not sure what to think about Hector's when I saw the menu - several people had highly recommended the restaurant but it seemed a bit odd to have a very small menu that ranged from fries as an appetizer to expensive steaks as an entree. It was like half a fancy restaurant and half a casual eatery. But I'm glad we decided to eat there. I had the beef bourguignon and it was really delicious. I'm not a wine drinker but they had a vast wine selection, and also really interesting desserts. This would be great for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank Krissy563
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hectors bistro for a dinner at around 7, it was easy to get a table, not to busy. Waitress attended promptly to give us menus. Only problem we had was we waited at least 10-15 minutes before we ordered our drinks, which I could understand if it was really busy but it wasn't. The white wine from Argentina was fantastic and is put in a ice bucket.
Food was fantastic, you can tell the chef loves what he does. We had the hectors hamburger which was a special for the night and the open steak sandwich, meat cooked perfectly and good meat was used.
Definitely recommend this as a place to dine in Antigua.

2  Thank tbill798