“Delicious food, good service, easy to find. No wonder its #1”
Review of Hector's Bistro

Hector's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 365 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Miami, Florida
“Delicious food, good service, easy to find. No wonder its #1”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My friend wanted to try this place since it has such wonderful reviews so we went for lunch. The food is delicious, I am not a meat eater but did try the sauce that came with his dish and it was truly something good. I had the fried sweet potatoes, a very generous portion and perfectly cooked. The place is easy to find since its so close to La Merced Church (the outside of the church is decorated like a wedding cake). The service was good, we went during the World Cup and didn't have to wait for a table. Remember to check the board by the door for specials. There was a vegetarian option (quiche) and there are some seafood dishes for those who don't eat beef.

• Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice Place to eat”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were a party of 5, staying in Antigua for 3 days, on our way to San Pedro la Laguna. We stopped for a late lunch at Hectors and we the only ones there. We had a charming table in front of an open window so were able to watch the outside scene while waiting for our food, which takes a while because it is all cooked fresh. Between us we ordered 4 different types of meals and each one was delightful (we shared around the table to enjoy the taste of each dish) We would recommend Hectors as a place to eat.

• Visited June 2014
Holmen
“A Real Local Gem”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is one of Antigua´s finest restaurants as it has the balance of great food and good pricing. The place is owned by a well trained chef and that comes out in the variety and creativity seen in the dishes.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hector's is a tiny spot just across from La Merced church, and after reading so many good reviews on TripAdvisor, my expectations for the food and service were very high. A friend and I had the day's special (grilled portobello mushrooms) and the carpaccio. The food was fantastic - the mushrooms were the best either of us had ever tasted! I will definitely pay Hector's a visit next time I'm around Antigua.

• Visited July 2014
“Lived up to its ratings!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Our dinner was delicious. I think my boyfriend got tired of hearing me rave about it. We both had the beef tenderloin medallions in a blue cheese cream sauce (can't remember the price either 110 or 135Q). The beef came with a tomato that tasted caramelized - it was mouthwatering! and fried potato discs that tasted more special than they sound. I had 2 for 1 strawberry mojitos (40Q) that I guzzled down like candy. The service was actually pretty poor and I don't usually comment on service because I'm usually indifferent to it. Since I don't value amazing service as much as the amazing food, I give it 5 stars anyways.

Visited June 2014