“Consistently excellent food, service and ambience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hector's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 344 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Roatan, Honduras
“Consistently excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Delicious food and wonderful ambiance. Love it. Eat at Hectors every time Im in Antigua and they never disappoint. Turning out amazing plates from that tiny kitchen I don't know how they do it but its always great.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Quepos, Costa Rica
“#1 For a Reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was hands down my favorite meal in all of Guatemala! We went based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. I had the beef bourgoine and my husband had the beef wellington, which was there special for that night. It's a tiny restaurant, and there is no name outside, just a small board by the door with the specials of the day written on it. Two tables, that could seat 4 people, two small bar tables, and a bar area where you can watch the food being prepared in the kitchen. My recommendation is get there early because it does get packed as the night goes on! The flavor of the food was excellent, and the meat was cooked to perfection. The owner or member of the staff, I'm not sure, went around to every table to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. We had two desserts because I'm pregnant, and couldn't decide which one I wanted! We had the ice cream with olive oil and seal salt which I thought was a little bit strange, but my husband liked it, and we also had the passionfruit creme brulee which was out of this world! I will go here everytime I visit Antigua. I almost don't want to write this review so it can remain a hidden gem! Delicious and worth every penny!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kai R
HBISTRO A, Owner at Hector's Bistro, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to know we are making our costumers happy! But I have to say that it is thanks to clients reviews that we are able to keep our #1 status. Thank you again and hope you come back soon!
Antigua, Guatemala
“Just not the same”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We used to go to Hectors twice a week but since the new owner took over the quality of the food and service went downhill. The last time we were there, we sat for 20 min waiting for a drink and someone to take our order. When the food came, (we ordered two tenderloin sandwiches) one of them tasted like rotting meat and we promptly sent it back. The second one was okay but the fries were cold. Waited another 30 min with dirty plates in front of us to get the check. Sorry, you lost a customer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank akk456
HBISTRO A, General Manager at Hector's Bistro, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I deeply apologize for your bad experience, it is not typical for us to make these kinds of mistakes when it comes to our restaurant service and food quality. I wish I had known of this around the time you visited the restaurant but I am just finding your review out today.
Thank you for your feedback since it always helps us improve. Since you were a regular costumer I hope you give us a second chance to prove to you that our quality is as good as the rest of the reviews from other Trip Advisor costumers.
I hope we can meet soon.
My name is Luisa and this is my email address in case you like to contact me antiguahbistro@gmail.com as well as the number to the restaurant 7832 9867.
Sorry again and hope to see you soon.
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Dependable top quality meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the places we go to when in Antigua. It's small, simple, often busy, but the food is always good.Try the Beef Tenderloin!

• Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Yes, this is one of the best meals I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This bistro is definitely the best restaurant I had in guatemala and I did not take into consideration of the price. Kinda hard to find since it is too small and usually you have to wait but it is totally worth it! Highly recommend their carpaccio.

• Visited December 2012